Chapter 1

Sam woke up at exactly 8:30, just like yesterday, and the day before and the day before that. He got up and just like the days before, he did his little "routine." Went to the bathroom, brushed his teeth, combed his hair and got out. He made his bed and went over to his closet. This is the only thing he has control over, his clothes. Even though he knew it was girly he loved dressing up without someone telling him in what. This was the only thing he could change about himself. Today he chose to wear a dark green T-shirt and black pants. He took his bag from his desk and went downstairs, where on the kitchen table it will be waiting for him, his breakfast. He sat down and without any enthusiasm he started eating his cereal.

There was a little cracking sound but he didn't look up

There was a little cracking sound but he didn't look up. He knew it was his little sister, Sara, and his mother coming down the stairs.

"Morning Sammy!" said Sara, and went to her big brother and kissed him in the cheek.

He mumbled a reply but, again, he didn't lift his head.

His mother didn't say anything to him instead she went straight to the sink to wash the dirty dishes his father left there.

After he was finished, he went to his mother and set the bowl in the sink, kissed her in the cheek, shook his sisters blond hair so it would need to be combed again, and went over to the little glass table in the living room, where it waited for him 10 golden coins for lunch and for the bus.

What his parents didn't know was that ever since Tara's parents bought her a car he never went to school with the bus, instead he went with her, and every day he saved 6 coins. Tara was his best friend since first grade, and even from then, she always stayed the same-the same big blue eyes and long lashes, and her long, long black hair. She never wanted to cut her hair, everyone knew that. Ever since in the fifth grade where Luisa, Tara's rival, accidentally cut off a little of the top, she went literally nuts. And everyone knew the story after that.

Sam came up the stairs and looked up at the little Victorian house. He rang the bell to announce it was him and sat down on the porch swing, knowing that Tara was late, as usual.

He looked at Tara's street, down and up. Tara lived at 74th street, class A, and by the look of the houses on the street you instantly know why it's called class A. Each house was more glamorous than the other and each resident more elite and prestige than the other. There were more doctors on Tara's street than in a single hospital. On the 74th street you could meet the doctors, the lawyers, the university professors and the occasional businessman or woman. It was the upper streets that held the glitz and glamour the most. From mansions to castles, from celebrities to the royals, but no matter what, the streets of Class A were always prestige.

 From mansions to castles, from celebrities to the royals, but no matter what, the streets of Class A were always prestige