Chapter 3

Sam lived on 56th street, Class D

Sam lived on 56th street, Class D. Here the houses were very different. They varied between a three story ranch house with a large backyard to a small, one bedroom house that barely had a yard. Sam's house was in the middle. It was two story, three bedroom house. It was a modern one, with dark brown wood on the outside and large black windows with the garage right next to the front door. On the inside it was rather spacious, but that was probably because of the white walls and Sam's mother's minimalist way of decorating that made it rather large and open.

As Sam walked inside the small hallway, he heard noises coming from the right, it was the living room. He walked over and saw that his parents and his little sister were sprawled on the deep green couch, watching TV.

He went over and leaned on the wall, so that he was standing, both in the living room and the hallway.

His mother greeted him first. "Hey honey! How are Tara and Nate?"

Sam shrugged, he really didn't want to talk about Tara or Nate, but had to. His parents didn't have to know what's happening in their little group.

"Good" he said, "Tara's laptop broke again, so on the weekend we're going over there with Nate and try to fix it."

"How did she break it this time?" asked his dad, his eyes still on the TV.

Sam opened his mouth to answer but the TV screen caught his eye. It must be 7 o'clock, because the news were starting, and the lady sitting behind the big brown desk started announcing what happened in the last 24 hours.

Sam frowned. Today shestarted talking about the lost prince.

More like dead prince, thought Sam. The kid's been gone for 17 years people! Give it up!

"Today, seventeen years ago, was a great tragic day. Our beloved prince, prince Andrew of Shadowland, was kidnapped being only 6 months old. We still mourn the day. But even though it's been seventeen years, our royal highnesses don't give up" started the news lady. Then there was a screen shot from seventeen years ago and from today.

"Your loyal highness, do you still believe your son is still alive? Do you think he is watching this right now?" asked one of the reporters. As they showed the teary eyed king on the screen, Sam started going for the stairs.

"Me and my lovely wife still believe that our son is alive and well." The king's voice echoed through the hall and up the stairs. "We still believe he will come back to us. Thank you for your prayers and we hope it will light his path to home." The king speech ended but the reporters didn't stop with their questions.

Sam walked into his room, flopped on his bed and turned on his TV.

"It's been seventeen years but the people of Shadowland and Iceberg still believe that one day their prince will come back to them, and one day he will rule their lands" reported the news lady. Then they switched to an old lady, who started crying immediately. "W-We miss him s-so much. W-we still p-pray to the gods for his safe returning" said the old lady.