Chapter 2

Everything was the same the next couple of days, until Friday at their gym class.

Tara was chief of the volleyball team and was barking orders at the girls on her team, while at the other end of the gym, Nate and Sam were playing basketball peacefully.

"Where the hell is Sydney?" yelled Tara at one of her classmates.

"I don't know" said one girl.

Tara started looking around the hall, when she saw another girl.

"Hey! You," she pointed towards a short girl with braids, "where the hell is your friend Sydney?"

The girl started shaking and stuttering. "S-She got c-caught up w-with M-Mr. Sanchez."

Tara turned around and stomped off towards her gym teacher.

"Mr. Smith may I be excused for a moment? One of my players isn't here and I want to look for her."

Mr. Smith turned around and frowned. "Who's missing?"

"Sydney Sayers."

Just as Mr. Smith opened his mouth to answer he looked behind Tara and frowned. Tara looked behind her, only to see Sydney going to the girl's locker room.

"Never mind, coach" she muttered and went after Sydney.

She threw the door open and the red eyed Sydney jumped.

"Where the hell have you been?" asked Tara, still furious but when she saw her red eyes she softened her face and sat down next to her.

"What happened? Where were you?" asked Tara as gently as she could.

Sydney sniffed and ran her shaking hands over her face. "Nowhere."

Tara started looking uncomfortable. This was way too emotional for her expertise.

"I heard you were held off by Mr. Sanchez did he lower your grade or something? Cause if he did, I'll make him raise it for you" suggested Tara.

Sydney shook her head and started crying silently while changing her clothes.

"It-It's nothing. I'm fine" she said.

Tara frowned. "Do you really think I'm going to buy that?" said Tara.

Sydney laughed but kept crying.

"Do you want me to kill him or something?" asked Tara still uncomfortable, scratching her head even though it wasn't itchy. "You know you can tell me anything. We're a team, remember?"

Sydney finally caved.

"He- He kept touching me." Tara grew alerted at that single sentence. She touched her arm but Sydney jerked hers away.

"And not just that, he kept asking me about my instrument."

Tara frowned at that. "What do you mean?"

"He kept asking what itwas and what it can do. I told him that it was an owl necklace but I didn'tknow what it did. He then asked if he could see it and I told him it wasagainst the rules to show it or use it and that was when he started touchingme." Sydney started crying even more while Tara grew more uncomfortable by thesituation. It was too emotional for her to handle it. 

"Maybe I should go call one of your best friends or tell one of the teachers?" suggested Tara.