Prologue

•Edited•

Hey guys the idea for this book just popped in my head so I decided to write it down.

All character and plot rights belong to me so please don't steal! Also please don't promote your story in here there are many communities here  on wattpad that can promote your story but this is not one of those places.

Enjoy the chapter!

A/N from author 2020: hey guys, this story was written back in 2017 and was never completed and so it's now on hold until further notice. If you want to keep reading go ahead! Just know that it won't be completed for awhile...

➿➰➿

•Prologue•

The soft hum of the radio sounds throughout the car, as we continue to drive down the empty roads. My eyes skirt towards the window, as I watch the passing tree's that are almost completely engulfed in snow. The chill of the cold evening causes goosebumps to arise on my arms, and my hairs standing on edge.

Tugging on my gray, wool winter coat, I rub my hands together in an attempt to warm myself. With Christmas coming up soon, my family is driving up state to purchase our own Christmas tree. Jake, my younger brother, was excited beyond belief, yet impatient over the fact that we haven't arrived yet. Christmas is his favorite time of year, and I guess you could say it's mine too because I get to see the large smile on his face when looking at all the décor.

"It's a beautiful evening, isn't it?" Dad comments, and in reply I just simply nod. Leaning my head against the cold, hard window I shut my eyes in an attempt to relax, because I doubt I'll be able to have any peace and quite with all the things we have planned for today.

Of course, with my luck, it wasn't long before my peaceful moment was taken from me.

"Watch out Alice," Jake shouts. I wince at the sound, due to the fact it was practically right in my ear, "The airplane is coming!"

His small, white jet zooms in front of my face, and Jake purses his lips attempting to make the sound of the airplane's engine. Letting out a groan, I roll my eyes turning away. Sure, I love him more then anything, but Jake can be annoying at some points.

When I don't participate in his game, his face scrunches up, and he lets out a small sigh. Sticking his tongue out at me, he unbuckles his seatbelt, and leans forward tapping on Dad's shoulder.

"Dad, can you play airplane with me?" Dad didn't reply, but instead looks over at him with concern.

He says, "Buddy, I need you to sit down. It's dangerous to not have your seatbelt on." Jake just rolls his eyes, before plopping back down in his seat. When attempting to put back on his seatbelt, it gets caught on his belt buckle.

"My buckles stuck," He complains, "Alice help me!"

Turning towards him, I attempt to pull it back through, but let out a groan of annoyance when realizing it was also stuck on the fabric. Jake wasn't much help due to the fact he was still playing with his plane, throwing it around the back seat of the car.

"Jake stay still--!"

"But my plane--!" Dad interrupts him, and turns back to look at both of us.

He has a frown on his face, "Can the two of you just be quiet for one moment, please? I need to concentrate on the road."

When he went to turn back, we went over a bump between the bridge, and the road. Our car bounces up, landing back down on a thin sheet of ice. It isn't long before we are swerving off the road, and we ram into the bridges railing. Dad's head rams into the windshield of the car, cracking it. My eyes widen, and I open my mouth letting out a silent scream in shock.