11

unedited•

•Chapter Eleven•

"I think I've found my date for the ball this Friday"

Nico grins, his features forming a whole new terrifying man. I try to glance over his shoulder trying to grab the attention of Xander but when I try but fail and notice him still talking attentively to a mother person I turn my attention back to Nico who is standing in front of me.

"You are a pretty one, Xander has found a keeper..." he takes a piece of my brown hair and twirls it in between two fingers, "a shame though, that he won't be able to keep you"

I open my mouth to interject when a masculine voice stops me in my tracks, the menacingly deep husk of his voice makes my blood stop circulating.

"You are extremely mistaken, Nico. Alice here has already found someone to go to the ball with so I'd back away if I were you" Xander appears over Nico's shoulder, I never realized how much taller Xander was. He towered over me and was a head taller than Nico.

Nico's eyes bulge and he spins around to face Xander, he laughs scoffing at Xander's remark, "well you didn't quite make that clear... I could have easily taken her that day in the hallway if you hadn't stopped me" he sneers, I can almost hear his smirk from behind him.

"That's not how we work here! You don't just take people without their consent" Xander says in return.

I mind swirls with possibilities about what they could be talking about... 'taking people?'

"It's not how you do things cousin but from where I'm from I can have anything I damn want!" Nico yells chills run up my spine and I feel like baking into a corner and curling into a tiny ball to be free of this nonsense.

"You can't have what's not your Nico, and she's not yours!" Xander shouts, imaginary fumes leaving his ears.

"She will be I'll see to it," Nico says turning back around to face me, his eyes travel the length of my body back up to my eyes, an evil sort of grin takes place on his face he winks then leaves the office leaving me flustered and confused.

Xander's eyes land on me, "he didn't hurt you did he?" He asks, I shake my head and soon realize my whole body is shaking. He walks closer to me but stops a few inches away, he is hesitant but soon his arm is wrapped securely around my shoulders he guides me out of the board room back to the office, "he can't hurt you, not while I'm around at least" Xander says.

I push his arm off my shoulders feeling extremely confident, " I'm fine he doesn't bother me" I scoff crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh really?" A ghost of a smile appears on his beautiful face.

I nod smirking, "really, I can handle myself you know" I Comment like it's the most unbelievable thing in the world.

Suddenly the most real smile appears on his lips, it lights up his whole face as he stares into my eyes my insides stir with excitement at this newfound emotion that I get when I'm with Xander. I smile in return and drop my hands from my chest, I look down to the ground then back up again to see his illuminating smile to have disappeared, I frown slightly from disappointment.

He nods to the piles of paper still situated on my desk, "get back to work, there's still lots to do" and with that, he turns to leave heading back into his office.

I let out a long huff of air then walk sluggishly back to my desk preparing for another long day of working.

At around 4 a woman with short blond hair reaching down to about her shoulders bursts into the room, muttering things and shouting incoherent German words like a psycho.

I open my mouth to ask her something when she waves me off shoving past my desk and over to the Xander's office door, she bangs on it two times before shouting something like she's 'coming in!' Before twisting the knob and barreling into the room slamming it shut behind her, I glance around the small room awkwardly not knowing who that was.

A moment later shouting ensues Xander's voice a lot deeper than the women's. The door opens and I shoot my eyes towards the ground hoping he didn't see me looking, I glance up I see the women directly in front of me ogling her mouth agape, I look at Xander who motions for me to sit up straight I didn't know who this woman was or why she was here but I didn't want to disobey orders.

I scoot forward and sit straighter bringing my eyes to look directly at her, "oh, Hun she's beautiful absolutely perfect" she says in fluent English turning to look at him, I flush completely red dropping my head my hair covering my face... this was very awkward.

"George will definitely want to meet her don't leave!" The women say before hurrying out of the room.

A long sigh of relief leaves my mouth, "that was my mother if you were wondering" my eyes shoot up to meet his blue ones, my eyes widening in horror.

"The queen?" I say horrified with how I acted, I should have known all the similarities were there, "oh god, I'm so sorry, I should've known" I apologize.

"Nothing to worry about, how would you have known?" He asks.

I raise my shoulders not knowing how I would have known.

"Exactly so don't fuss about it, you haven't met my father yet..." he trails off, the door immediately opens and Xander's mother comes in along with an older looking man walks in resembling Xander in many ways.

"Look at what a beauty she is! See I told you dear isn't she perfect!" Xander's mom squeals in excitement.

The king looks from his son to his wife back to me, his eyes cold and distant not impressed in the slightest.

"She is fine, but he could have done better maybe even chosen one of the options I gave him." His dad says calmly while glaring at his son.

"I know you are unhappy with my decision but I'm not, now please don't bring Alice into this," Xander says.

"Oh son, she's already in this, she's been in this from the moment you saw her"➿➰➿

Okay so is Alice clueless or what! Lots of stuff has been revealed in this update like Nico's motives, meeting the King and Queen, lots of drama drama Llama in the next chap😉

I do hope you enjoyed this update it came a little late but I've just had to take a break for awhile now I'm back at it :)

As always ignore bad grammar and spelling because there is a ton and I'll edit later!

Love you all,

Vote and Comment?

~TJ♥️