4

unedited•

•chapter four•

"That's fine dear, you can leave my bags there," my grandpa says, I drop his bags on the oak wood floors and step back in awe at how utterly beautiful his home was.

"It's good to be home," my grandpa says clapping his hands together then rushing off somewhere leaving me alone in the doorway of his gigantic home. I glance around awkwardly unsure whether I should turn down the left hallway or the right hallway. "Come on love, we don't have all day I need to give you the grand tour" his voice startles me but I soon find myself walking down the left hallway where his voice was coming from.

It leads into a bigger room separating into two separate rooms, the kitchen and dining room. "Wow, grandpa is beautiful!" My eyes widen as I take in my surroundings.

"This house is my most prized possession, and when I pass it will all be yours"

I spin to face him unsure if I heard him correctly. "W-what?" I stutter not believing my ears.

"Since your my last living relative everything I own will be yours to do whatever you want with." He says simply.

My head starts to shake violently, "no, no, no. I-I can't" I mumble bringing my hands up to my face.

I hold back tears as all my fears come rushing back. "I would just ruin everything, I-i can't be here. I need to go home" I pull at my hair as anger fills me. Why am I such a coward!

My grandpa rushes to me enveloping me In a warm embrace, all my conflicting emotions swirl through my head as I try to pinpoint one. But they kept swirling confusing me even more.

"It's okay, we don't need to focus on this now, I'll just take you to your room and you'll rest," he says, guiding me through his maze of a mansion.

He finally stops in front of a large wooden door that he pushes open and pulls me inside after him.

"My rooms down the hall, I'll be downstairs if you need me" he smiles giving me another hug.

"It's funny because your the one who's taking care of me when I should be taking care of you" I give him a small smile and he laughs at my comment.

" try opening up more my dear Alice your quite funny" his laugh fills the room and soon the hallway as he makes his way downstairs.

I plop down on my new bed pulling my suitcase up to my knees and pulling the zipper open.

I begin to organize all my clothing into the different drawers and hanging up things like dresses, sweaters, and coats into my wardrobe.

Feeling quite exhausted I pull on one of my many fuzzy sweaters and slip under my covers, letting sleep pull me under the spit me out.

"This looks delicious!" I praise sitting down my mouth watering at the dish in front of me.

"It's only spaghetti..." my grandpa, chuckles sitting across from me. "It's been a while since I've had company in this house" he takes his fork and begins twirling the spaghetti with it.

He was talking about my grandmother, Edith she passed away a year after my mother. My grandpa had said that she couldn't stand the thought that her only daughter had died and took her own life. It came as a shock to me, my dad and grandpa. He only knew why she had done it because of a note consisting of 4 lines was on the bed next to her body.

I knew how he felt because of my own mother but he would never feel how it felt to lose both parents and your only sibling. Sometimes I wonder why I don't just take my own life... it would probably be simple then. I would be with jake, my dad, mom, and grandma.

No, stop it, Alice. Your not weak you'll live and show death that you can live and thrive.

The rest of dinner was spent in silence each of us lost in our own thoughts only the sounds of forks scraping the bowls were heard until my grandfather decided to ask me a question.

"So, Alice..." he looks up at me expectantly, I felt a huge bulge from inside my throat, scared of what he would say, does he want me gone? To never come back again, probably to disown me as a granddaughter, or beca-- "you should apply for a job"

A huge weight is lifted off my shoulders, good he only wants me to get a job. Which means talking to people, interviews their judgemental gazes focused on the sweat brimming my forehead and my stutter as I answer a simple question about why I want this job. I can't have a job! Has he even met me?

"Are you s-sure?" I scramble for words not understanding why I need one, he has like millions of dollars. He nods at my question. "B-but--"

"No buts, you need to learn to be more confident, therefore, you will apply for a job and that's final"

Wow, he can be so happy and nice than his facade changes quickly and he's strict and to the point so I know I would never win this battle.

"Fine"

•••

Another chapter for all my lovely readers! We've almost hit 500, halfway to 1k we can do it!

And we're also even closer to meeting Xavier, who's excited? I know I am😏

Also check out my new book: Stellar Love, another Werewolf novel but written in third person!

Please ignore any spelling or grammar mistakes as I haven't had the time to go over and edit but will get it done as soon as possible.

Anyways,

Vote and comment?

~TJ