The start of something new.

Emily's world was falling apart.

I needed to speak to my best friend 'Laura' to clear my mind. I jumped into my car and turned on the ignition, crying, shaking. Laura lived 5 minutes away from me, we also lived in a small and quiet town called 'Pickering' in Canada with me, so it was easy for me to get there without having a car accident since I'm a mess right now. I turned into Laura's street and see a police car and an ambulance parked outside. I see Laura's parents standing outside. I parked the car and ran to them.

"WHERE IS LAURA? IS SHE OKAY?" I yelled as I was running towards them.

Laura's mother 'Selena' was standing next to Lauda's dad, sad, disappointed, crying and looking towards the ground. I noticed it was hard for her to explain what happened without stuttering. I gave her a big warm hug, still not knowing what happened to Laura. Laura means so much to me, when I was sad she always seemed to be there when I needed a hug, when I was happy she was there to make me even happier and when my world was falling apart she was there to put the pieces together.

"There has been something Laura found so hard to tell you she just couldn't. And now that secret has ripped her apart, in more ways than one. About a year ago Laura found out she had asthma. She did not think it was a big deal since so many people have it. But about an hour ago she stopped breathing. They have been trying to get her breathing again for a while now. The paramedics and police have secured the area making sure no one can witness what is happening inside (bring Laura back to life). I guess right now we just need-" Laura's father was interrupted by a doctor.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know how to tell you this but, she did not make it. I'm so sorry for your loss" one of the paramedics said quietly.

I could not believe what my ears were listening to. I lost my best friend, my sister, my everything. Now I don't have her to help me put the pieces together either.

I ran to my car as fast as I could. I sat in my car and drove away as fast as I could. My head was filled with so much disappointment and heartbreak I had no idea what I was going to do. My mom 'Carina' is working and does not get home till late. My dad 'Robert' was divorced with my mom so it was just mom and I. I headed towards a nearby beach and brought my blanket with me since it was a bit windy. As I got out of the car I found it so hard to walk because of how much I was shaking. I sat on the sand, my eyes filled with tears, my head facing down. I listened to the ocean as I thought about what had just happened, as I watched my tears fall onto my crossed legs. As I watched my tears and listened to the waves, I heard a voice.

"Hey. Are you okay there?"

As I looked up I wiped away my tears with the sleeve of my top and see a boy with shiny chocolate brown eyes and fluffy brown hair. Why is he talking to me now?