Why now?

Shawn Mendes. The guy who everyone knows at school. He is known at my school for performing but I've never really seen any of his work. I was drifting of into my own world until I heard a clap. My eyes still covered in tears.

"Hello? Are you alright?" Shawn asked.

"Oh um sorry. Im just kind of going through a lot right now" I said quietly.

"Wait. Arn't you that Emily girl which is in the music program at my school?" He said.

"I guess that's me." I said, sounding not very sure.

"I've heard you play guitar a few times as I walk past the music room. You play really good, it calms me down. So are you okay, I'm here if you need anyone to talk to" Shawn said.

"I, um. I " I found it hard to talk from me shaking. Everything that happened today slapped me in the face for who knows what. Tears started streaming down my face again, just thinking about everything. Shawn sat down next to me on the sand, wrapping me in his arms.

"Shhh, hey everything will be okay. Just stay strong" Shawn said comforting me.

"Sh-e is go-ne" I said stuttering from my crying into his chest.

"I miss her so m-uch" I say

"Hey, its alright. I'm here to help you. How about we go get some food?" Shawn said.

I nodded in agreement still wrapped around his arms and his head leaning on my head.

We walked towards his Jeep as he opened the door for me whilst helping me in. I put the seat belt on as he went to the other side of the car and started driving towards a pizza place. I craved pizza, well I always do. Its like he can read my mind. I hoped out of the car and walked in with him. I went and sat at a table as he ordered some pizza. He arrived at the table with a pizza box. He opened it up as I grabbed a slice.

"Why? Why are you doing this for me?" I asked.

"For 3 reasons. I care, I've watched you grow with music which means a lot to me and I like pizza" Shawn replied.

"But why have you never spoken to me before? You have so many other girls in the school hitting on you but out of all them girls you take me out for pizza." I said.

"Because your different. You don't seem desperate for anything, like they are. All the other girls are desperate for a man, desperate for popularity, desperate for the best house. You seem like you just roll with things the way the seem to go." He said.

"Those things seem to go in all different directions for me." I replied.

"And that's okay, because things happen. No one is perfect. Now lets dig into this pizza, its making me so hungry." He finished.

We finished eating all the pizza within like 5 minutes. We started heading back to the car.

"Damn we eat fast" Shawn said

"Well you seemed to know what I craved most so thank you for that." I replied

"Your most very welcome madam" Shawn said in a British accent, acting like a gentleman and opening up the car door for me.

I hoping into the car laughing after I just heard his British accent. He nailed it.

He started to drive me back to my house.