Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Liv’s POV

By the time I had finished telling my parents everything that happened, I had tears falling down my face and my mom had pulled me into a hug.

“Liv, you shouldn’t have even gotten involved with him in the first place,” my dad told me.

“I know, I didn’t want to, but Niall kept bringing him everywhere we went,” I said. “Why didn’t you tell us you got back together?” my mom asked, with a more calm tone than my dad.

“I was nervous of what your reaction might be, and I thought you would just figure out through the tabloids and stuff,” I explained.

“We didn’t look at the tabloids because we wanted to hear from you about what all you were doing, not from some article that might not be true,” my mom told me.

“Oh,” I should have figured they would do something like that, they are very old fashioned.

“Well we might not know what you were doing in London, but we do know who you were doing,” my dad snapped. My eyes widened at his crude comment,

“Pete!” my mom turned and scolded him.

I felt like I was going to start crying again from his comment. I quickly got up from the couch and ran up to my room as my parents had a small argument.

I knew I should have just told my mom; she would have been more understanding instead of insulting me. My dad has a legit hatred for Harry, and I don’t think it will ever go away. He has always been an overprotective father; threating all of my dates I had to school dances or prom, even just going to get ice cream.

As I get into my room, I threw myself on my bed and buried my face in my pillow. I force myself to let out a scream into the pillow. It didn’t come out as loud as I thought it would, the pillow blocking the sound and the fact that I felt weak. I sit up and hit my pillow with a fist, thinking it will make me feel better but it doesn’t.

I give up on my anger and fall back into my pillow. I just wanted to disappear, or at least shut the world off for a while. My mind went back to what Hailey had said at the airport, about how it would be nice to forget about everything for a while. It seemed almost impossible to do though, my mind seemed to have a mind of its own that doesn’t listen to me when I want to think of something else. The thought of Harry and my frustration just stick in my mind, and nothing can distract me from it.

A few seconds later I hear my phone start ringing from my purse. I knew I shouldn’t answer it, I shouldn’t even look at it, it’s probably just Harry.

My curiosity gets the best of me, and I sit up and grab my purse from the end of the bed. I take out my phone and look at the name,

It’s Niall.

I should probably answer it because we haven’t talked since we found out about Harry, but I’m just not in the mood to talk to anyone.

It now doesn’t matter because my phone stops ringing. I went ahead and just turned the damn thing and threw it back in my purse.

Just as I laid my head back down on my pillow, I heard my door being opened. I didn’t bother looking up to see who it was, because I was pretty sure it was my mom.

“Liv? Sweetie are you okay?” that’s definitely my mom.

When I don’t answer, I hear her walking across my room and sitting at the top of my bed. She brushes some of my hair back so she can see part of my face.

“Are you okay?” she asked again.

“Yes,” I mumbled, even though I knew she didn’t believe me.

“You sure? You don’t look okay,” she slightly joked.

“Do you want to talk about it?” she asked, and I turned my head to face her more.

“I wish I could just rewind back to that first day in London after my last show in Europe, and had stood my ground about Niall not bring Harry every time we hung out,” I told my mom.

“It would be nice wouldn’t it, being about to change the past,”

“Yeah,” I agreed.

“But unfortunately Liv we can’t do that. So you can either stay in bed and regret what or did or didn’t do, or you can just accept it and move on,” my mom said.

“I wish I never even met Harry,” I mumbled.

“Oh Liv, I bet you don’t been that,” she said.

“Well I do,”

“Without him you wouldn’t be where you are today,” she told me.

“Laying in bed crying?” I asked sarcastically.

“No, you wouldn’t have this amazing career,” she said, “Think about it, he was the one who pushed you to sing at the Christmas concert. And his angry rampage, though it was rude and unnecessary, got you to work harder at becoming a singer,” my mom explained, and I knew she was right.

“Liv I think you should just forget about this whole mess, you don’t have to forgive Harry, but don’t let what he did stop you from enjoying your trip. The past is set in stone, but the future is full of possibilities and if you’re here in bed, you might miss them,”

I looked up at my mom and smiled, she has always known just what to say to me in these situations.

“Oh and just some clarification on what you father said, you didn’t have sex with him did you?” my mom asked. I sat up and lightly laughed at her question,

“No,” I answered.

“Okay good,” she smiled and pulled me into a hug.

Harry’s POV

I explained my side of the story to Niall, and once I finished, I could tell he hadn’t fully forgiven me but he at least lightened up a bit.

“Now can I use your phone to call Liv?” I asked for probably the forth time.

“Fine,” he said and handed me his phone, then walked into his kitchen, probably to get something to eat.

I went to Liv’s contact name in his phone brought the phone up to my ear after pressing her name.

After she didn’t answer the first time, I called maybe three more times and she still didn’t answer. I didn’t get it; her phone should say Niall is calling so why won’t she answer. I know she’s awake, and I know her phone is with her; she never lets that thing out of her sight.

I sighed, I wanted to call her again but I knew I probably shouldn’t, especially now that I have a temptation to leave a voicemail, she’d never answer her calls from Niall if she got a voicemail from me on Niall’s phone.

I soon got up from the couch and went into the kitchen.

“Niall,” I said, “She’s not answering,”

“Well what do you want me to do about it?” he asked, and I could tell he was holding back a harsh tone.

I ran a hand threw my hair, “I don’t know,” I said and handed him back his phone.

He grabbed his phone, and I saw him doing something on the screen, “Why did you call so many times?” he asked.

“I didn’t call that many times,” I said.

“Yeah for someone who probably is now calling and texting my cousin over twenty times a day, three calls is probably nothing,” he snapped.

“Geez, calm down,” I said.

“I hope you have a legitimate excuse for me if she asks way I called three times in a row,” he said. “I’ll think of something,” I said, and just brushed his complainant off and walked to his pantry to find something to eat.