Chapter 72

Chapter 72

Harry’s POV

“You have a visitor,” one of the other nurses told me. “Who?” I asked.

“Says his name is Niall,” she said.

“Okay, send him in,” I told her.

I had a feeling Niall would show up here at some point. I wonder if he told Liv. Would she even come if he did?

I slowly begin to sit up in the hospital bed. After they had finished the blood alcohol test, poked at me, x-rayed me, and then bandaged me up. They had to take my shirt to bandage up my chest, so I’m now close to freezing in here.

Once I’m up, I hear foots steps coming down the hall, and I’m guessing its Niall.

“Harry!” Niall said as soon as he walked in.

“Are you okay? What happened?” he asked as he walked over to me.

“I’m fine,” I calmly told him.

“Are you sure?” he asked as he looked over the few small cuts and the bruise on my face.

“I’m sure,” I assured him.

“So how’d you get into the wreck?” he asked me.

I wasn’t really sure how to answer. Right now I didn’t want to tell him that it was a result of my careless mistake.

“I was just driving on the road and, I hit a car,” I stated.

“That’s like what I told Liv,” he chuckled.

“Liv?” I quickly asked.

“Yeah Liv, I called her,” he said.

“You called her?” I asked.

“Yes Harry, keep up,” he told me,

“And yes she is coming,” he said, answering the question was just thinking about asking.

“Seriously?” I asked, shocked that Liv of all people was coming to see me in the hospital.

“Yeah, she wants to make sure you’re okay,” Niall said.

“Really?” I asked.

“Well she might not have said that, but I could tell she was thinking it,” he told me.

I wasn’t really sure what to think of Liv coming. Of course I’m glad, and pretty shocked, that she is coming, but I’m also a bit worried. She just angrily sent me away from her apartment only a few hours ago. So I wasn’t sure if she really was coming to make sure I was okay like Niall said, or if she was coming to yell at me. She’s obviously figured out that I hit that car because I was drunk, because I stupidly brought one of the liquor bottles into her apartment building, and I couldn’t keep my shit together so I was stumbling and slurring like a drunken idiot. She’s probably coming to rat me out to Niall, even though he’s going to figure out at some point. But if she was coming to tell Niall, couldn’t she have done that over the phone? Maybe she wanted to do it in person so she could see Niall’s reaction to me. Then she would probably take out her phone and call the rest of the guys and tell them to make them madder at me, and then-

I quickly stopped the train of thought. I was letting paranoia get the best of me. I’m pretty sure I know that Liv would never do that. There’s got to be a reason why she’s coming though, and I just really want to know what it is. Maybe she really is just coming to check on me. The words ‘car wreck’ often tend to make people freak out and make sure everyone is okay.

As Niall and I were waiting for Liv, I kept looking up at the door, thinking Liv was going to walk in at any second. I keep thinking Liv is just going to run through the door and kiss my cuts and bruises and have me assure her over and over again that I was okay. But after a few more minutes passed, I realized how unlikely that is. I was still nervous of what would happen when she arrived.

My eyes quickly shot up at the sound of the door opening. I frowned when I found that it was only the nurse, but I perked up a bit when I realized she could be telling me I had a visitor.

As the nurse fully opened the door, Niall and I brought our full attention to her.

“You have a visitor,” the nurse finally spoke the words that I have and haven’t been wanting to hear.

“Name’s Liv,” she told me after I didn’t respond for a few seconds.

“Um, yeah, send her in,” I choked out.

The nurse nodded and left the room, closing the door behind her.

“So what are you going to say to her?” Niall asked as he sat up from his lying position on the small couch in the corner of the room.

“I’m mainly thinking about what she’s going to say to me,” I told him, and he just nodded.

“Do you know what she might say?” I asked Niall.

“I don’t,” he stated.

“I just don’t now if she’s going to be worried about if I’m okay or not, or if she’s going to be mad at me,” I said.

“Well there isn’t really a reason for her to be mad at you right now, in this situation. So I’m guessing she’s coming to make sure you’re okay,” Niall told me.

I wanted to tell him that Liv might be mad at me for driving with alcohol in my system, but I figured it’d be best just to hold off on that.

After a few seconds, I heard soft footsteps coming down the hall, followed by the door slowly and silently opening. In walked Liv wearing white and black fluffy pajama pants, a black shirt, and black Uggs. Her hair was messy and pulled back into a bun, and I smiled some when I saw that my jacket that I had given her was on her, it was big and slipping down her shoulders, but she had never looked more beautiful.

“Hey,” she whispered as she walked in and closed the door behind her.