Chapter Five

Scotty's P.O.V

A great day ruined. I stopped dead in my tracks upon hearing the Alpha's pissed voice ring throughout my head and the pounding of a headache at the intrusion. I guess I accidentally put up a mental block when we got back. Welp, this is where I die. "IN MY OFFICE, NOW!" Roared the Alpha in my head making me wince. I winced once more at the blinding fury I felt through the pack link and all of it was specially reserved for me. I scurried to the Alpha's office as fast as I could. Upon reaching his doors I stop and catch my breath for a moment. I did a soft hesitant knock on the great oak doors that lead to the office. "IN HERE NOW!" the Alpha shouted. I hurried in and closed the doors behind me softly. I turned around and in front of me stood Alpha Greg. In his late 40s, raven black hair, overly muscular in my opinion, hazel eyes, 6'4, and shaking with fury. His eyes pitch black, a death stare to match the fury that is rolling off him in waves. I feel the pure hatred he has for me. The disgust and the contempt. What did I do to deserve this hatred?

There I stood shaking in fear for my life. What they do to me just for fun is awful, but when they are this mad, what they put me through is like a paper-cut. Very painful and would rather not have but I can live through it.

"WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU, YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT?! YOU ARE NEVER EVER TO PUT UP A MENTAL BLOCK ON! YOU ARE TO STAY IN THE HOUSE AND BE A USEFUL OMEGA NOT THE FREELOADER THAT YOU ARE! I GENEROUSLY PUT UP WITH YOU AND THIS IS HOW YOU SHOW YOUR GRATITUDE?!"

Before I can whimper out a pathetic answer, I'm on the ground with an adult Alpha who wants me dead, attacking me almost full force. I can feel my bones bruise, crack, and shatter with every blow from his powerful meaty fists. I hold in the screams that are trying so desperately to pass my lips, but I won't allow him to see me in pain. I can't allow him to see me breaking a little more with every punch he lands on my skin. If I scream, it will only be worse for me in the end. My eyes cloud with tears that I refuse to let fall. I squeeze my eyes so tight, I am seeing white and force my eyes to look up. This will stop my tears. I focus on trying to breath and just wait there pathetically. I can't fight if I want to make it out of this. By the time he's done, I can barely keep my eyes open. I can barely breath past my split lips and broken ribs. Why does he just not kill me? It would be easier than dealing with this.

"Get out NOW!" Alpha Greg demanded. Not needing to be told twice and not wanting to get beat again, I push my battered and bruised body to quickly get off the floor ignoring my bodies protest to stop and just cry. I limp with much help from the walls and furniture to get out of the office. I hold in the bile that is so desperately pushing its way up my throat and swallow my cries and whimpers. It takes me 20 minutes just to leave the pack house. When I finally manage to find my way out of the pack house, I allow a few tears to fall. Give them an inch, they take a mile. I couldn't stop the tears once they started to flow. It takes me about an hour and a half to drag my body home. When I arrive to my home, I can barely walk. I allow myself to collapse in the doorway and catch my breath. The strangled gasps that leave my body are not pleasant on the ears. I slowly pull my broken body of the ground, much to my body's protest, and gingerly crawl towards my bed. When I make it, I carefully lay my body down on my bed and take every comfort it offers to me. I finally cave into my desires and slip into a dreamless sleep as soon as my head touches the pillow. I just don't have the energy to fight the pain any longer.

The next morning, I wake up fully healed as always. I know I'm different from the others, blessed and cursed. I can heal my body with almost every bone broken and the next day I'm completely healed, run super-fast, and have a nice pool of stamina even without an ounce of muscle on my scrawny body. Some people are just born with it I guess. On days like yesterday, I am glad to be how I am. On the other side, I would be dead if I was just an everyday Omega. If Alpha Greg where to start trying to tear me to pieces, instead of just the usual of tenderizing me, I would no doubt be dead. I don't think death would be horrible. It is probably very quiet. I may just be by myself with only me to worry about. No beatings, or venomous words. Maybe I just stop existing afterwards. Maybe there is nothing at all. I'll know when I get there. Everyone wants to run from something that is a natural part of life. No matter how long you live, we will all die at some point. We are a timer that and don't know how much time we will have left.

Imagine if we could see the sands of time. What if you saw your own glass and it was so tall you couldn't even see the top of it. What if you look at the sand at the bottom and saw only a small bit of sand pooling at the bottom. That is all you see. We never account for how much sand is in the top. I think everyone has the same amount of sand. We just all fall at different rates. Say you are destined to die young, your sand will be dropping very fast. Say you live an average life span; your sands fall at a steady pace. If you live a very long life, your sand falls tremendously slow. Same rules apply to immortality. You can live forever, but we all have weaknesses. We will all die one day. It is up to us to make the most of what time we are given. You never know what kind of turns a day will take. Life can change in an instant. The same is said for a better life. Life is what you make, so you better make it count. I got a bit off track there.

I have to act injured, so I don't raise any suspicion. I have become an expert at the injured card. Who knows, maybe I could find an acting role where all I need to do is act injured and make some bank. That will probably never happen though. So, my schedule for today is to act on the very verge of death and do whatever is ordered of me. In moments like these, I am able to think about my life. If we had an understanding and loving Alpha, the pack would be one of love and understanding. Who the Alpha is and how he acts makes or breaks how a pact acts with each other and other packs. Alpha Greg is like that to everyone but me. He was raised by his father who hated Omegas who was raised by his grandfather who hated Omegas. You see the pattern here. Hate is taught. I know that if I was any other rank then I wouldn't have over half the problems I do now. Packs take the Alpha as an ultimate example. If the Alpha hates something, then the pack does too. It is very hive mentality, but it is who we are. It is our very DNA to follow the example that is set for us by someone much stronger than us. Let's see how this weekend goes. I don't want to deal with much drama. A nice quiet weekend would be a god send.