Chapter 9

Zayn's P.O.V

Far out Louis.

Way to wreck a perfectly good moment!

 Emma and I were hitting it off. We'd finished setting up the cricket gear and were just standing there talking, laughing and getting to know each other.

And then Louis came over and wrecked it.

(A/N - I have no ideas for how he interrupted them, so let's just pretend he did something, and if YOU have any ideas, just comment below and I'll add it in :P)

I chased after Louis who ran into the water with his clothes on. I took of my shirt and chucked it away and chased after him. He hid behind a laughing Rosie as his defence, but I just went over and carefully lifted her to the side, before tackling Louis.

Carly's P.O.V

After the little fiasco with Zayn and Louis, we all just chilled in the water, splashing each other and having wrestles on each others shoulders. We'd turned it into a full on game, with me on Harry's shoulders and Rosie on Louis' shoulders, forming a team against Niall on Liam and Emma on Zayn's shoulders.

 It was war.

Harry and I and Niall and Liam, were just chilling off to the side while Emma and Zayn were attacking Rosie and Louis who were struggling to stay up.

"Can you wipe my eyes quickly Emma?" Zayn asked, and Rosie and Louis took that opportunity and charged towards them, knocking them over.

Harry and I started cheering and laughing until I felt myself get pulled from behind and Harry and I collapsed into the water.

When we resurfaced, Niall and Liam were cracking up, still in position.

Harry, Emma, Zayn, Rosie, Louis and I just looked at each other with exactly the same thought.

"LET'S GET 'EM!!!!" I screamed and we all teamed up against Liam and Niall who were trying, and let me emphasize the 'trying', to run away. After a few steps and us not even touching them, they fell into the water and we all cracked up laughing.

Rosie's P.O.V

"Just face it Harry, you're out!" Louis called.

"No I'm not! I clearly made it before Zayn through the ball at the stumps!"

"C'mon babe, just admit you're out!" Harry pouted and sulked off to Carly who was laughing with her arms open.

"So who's turn is it now?" I asked, pretending I didn't know.

"I believe it's yours, Rosie!" Liam replied.

"Oh really?! Fancy that!" I laughed and went and picked up the bat.

I stood with my feet apart and looked up at Louis who was preparing to ball. I lifted two fingers to my eyes and then pointed to Louis (A/N - Get it? :P).

He narrowed his eyes and started running before letting the ball go in the air.

I swung at exactly the right moment and the ball went sailing over everyone's heads and into the water.

"I am SO not getting that!" Emma called as I laughed and ran up the pitch towards Louis.

But before I could get to the end, Louis grabbed hold of me.

"Quick Niall, get the ball!"

I tried to wriggle free but Louis was too strong.

"That's not fair!" I called, laughing.

Niall threw the ball and it hit the wickets right on the middle post.

"And I do believe you're OUT!" Harry called out.

I smirked, "Beach cricket rules; you can't get out on the first bat!"

"Aww dang it!" Louis said kicking the stand.

I poked my tongue out, "Ha-ha!"

"Is anyone else kinda over this anyway?!" Carly yelled out.

"YES! I am!" Emma agreed and so we stopped playing and went to have lunch.

Emma's P.O.V

We were all heading back up to the towels when Zayn grabbed my arm.

"Hey wait, can we talk for a second?" He asked squinting his eyes against the sun.

I looked at the others ahead before turning to face Zayn, "Yeah, sure! What's up?"

"Can we try and make this work?"

"Make what work?" I knew what he was implying, but I wanted to hear him say it.

"Well, you know…....us?"

"What do you mean about us?" I asked with a smirk.

He chuckled, "aww c'mon, you know what I'm talking about!"

I laughed, "Yeah I do. And the answer is yes!"

His face lit up, "Really?"

I took his hand in mine before starting to walk towards the others.

"Yes really."

A/N - Naww! :P Sorry for the very unimaginative asking out by Zayn! :P Hope you liked that fun little chapter though :) I'm about to start writing the next and more chapters, so they'll probably be up later tonight! Thanks again for reading and don't forget to vote, comment or suggest anything :D xx

- Bec