Chapter Four

The Falcon touched down on the base. Han put the ring in his pocket and walked down the ramp.
He didn't realize how long he'd been out until he got to the base, the sun was almost set above the forest of Endor.
He rushed to the cabins where almost everyone in the base stayed. The couple we're lucky enough to get a small one to themselves. Some cabins held 5-6 people. Han rushed over holding his hand inside his pocket to make sure the ring wouldn't fall out.
He climbed up the stairs and punched in the code for the door. It slid open and Han went inside. The door slid closed behind him and he gazed around the small space.

No Leia

Han cursed

He assumed she was over at the main base doing work, so he decided to stay and wait for her. He wandered over to the dresser by the bed and opened the bottom drawer,  he lifted up his rain jacket and some shirts and carefully placed the ring under them. He then stood and wandered to the tight kitchen area.
He opened the door to the freezer to the containers marked with different foods. Again foods was a very light term to describe the small food bars packed with as much nutrition they could fit.
Luckily for Han, Chewie could hunt. He had brought back some boar and Han decided to cook something up for Leia.

Leia was heading back to their cabin after a check in with some rebel leaders about the Empires capture of a planet recently.

She walked across the large landing pad, and then climbed up the stairs to the cabin.
The door slid open before her after putting the code in.
Leia was met with a warming smell of food, she then noticed a tall, handsome man standing in the kitchen area.
"Hey, sweetheart." Han stared back at the metal door where his love stood.
Leia snuck up to him and embraced him from behind
"I was so worried about you," Leia spoke muffled against his chest.
Han turned around in her embrace and he wrapped his arms around her.
"I missed you too." He kissed the top of her head.
"Why did you lie to me? You know this is a desperate time." Leia looked up at Han, in a more serious tone than before.
They separated and Han got a nervous feeling again, he couldn't tell her the truth, but she was right.

"I- I can't say-" He fumbled his words, attempting to swallow the lump in his throat. He watched her expression turn, so he turned his back to continue cooking.

"You realize were in the middle of trying to clean up a war? And you 'cant say'?" Leia shuffled to his side, attempting to have him spit am answer out.

Han looked the other way for a moment and turned to face her again.
Her face was clearly unhappy, for good reason too, he was lucky he's here now, the Empire could have seen a rebel ship and shoot it down, or attempt to.

"Look.." he turned his body to match hers. "I can't say because it's something I've been waiting for, though it was risky, you know I'm one hell of a flyer."  Han smirked at her, letting his ego once again get to him.
Leia stared at the cold floor and sighed. Her rare emotions began to form as her eyes watered. Leia looked up and tried to form a smile.
"I just can't loose you again, Captain"
Han was taken aback by Leia almost crying.
He paused his cooking and pulled her close again.
"Aw hell, princess, I'm not going anywhere and you know that" he kissed her forehead
They stayed there for a moment in the warmth of each other.
Once they separated Han finished cooking, it was already quite late but they ate together then laid together in bed where they drifted to sleep.

~

Morning broke and Han woke up to Leia using his arm for a pillow and her leg swung around his.
Han blinked his eyes open and gazed around the room. It was a cold metal room with black furnishings to accent it all. He looked up at the small high window as it shone sunlight into his eyes, he blinked and quickly looked away.
He stared at Leia. She was asleep still and didn't want to wake her yet, especially because he knew she would have to go to the base for more work that day. He closed his eyes again, but not soon after he felt her body shifting on his. Han cursed to himself, because soon enough it was back to life, no more laying in bed till noon. Not until the war ended.
As she shifted Han pushed a stray hair from Leia's forehead to the side.
Her eyes blinked awake as she yawned awake.

"Hello, lovely." He smiled at her glowing face

"Good morning, flyboy." She shifted to kiss his face.

"Do you have to go to to base today?" He asked nervously.

Leia smiled and shook her head.

"Oh great!" Han was delighted "I want to take you somewhere."

"Where's that?"

"You'll see.." Han smirked