25. It's Dark Outside

"Time to get to bed." Molly's mom exclaimed. Molly groaned in distaste and grimaced. "Mom! It's the first day of summer, can't I please stay up?" She pleaded. She offered a soft, sweet smile and her mom sighed. "Fine. You sleeping out in the living room?" Her mom asked. Molly nodded and grabbed her phone and rapidly started texting her friends. She seemed hypnotized at her fingers dancing so fast across the keys, so the tap she heard on the living room window was almost silent. She slid her phone shut and went to go get her pillow and blanket. Molly was shocked when she discovered is was 2:40. 'It's late...' She thought. She had an eerie feeling approach her mind as she felt someone watching her. Molly knew it wasn't her mom, because she could here her sleepy snores echoing out of her bedroom. She ran fast to her room and gathered her stuff then ran back. She hid under the covers and grabbed her phone.

"I just got really freaked." Molly texted her boyfriend, Chris. "Why what happened?" "I just felt like someone was watching me." "Can't blame them." Molly laughed. "Thanks." Chris's complements got wrapped up in her head so Molly soon forgot about the creepy feeling. The next thing that happened made her shake. She heard a slam on her window, when she peaked there was a bloody handprint on the window. "Holly crap! Chris! There's a bloody handprint on my window!" She texted, tears spilling out of her eyes. "Do you want me to come over?" He asked. "We're only 14, how are you going to get here? Drive?" She asked. "I'll bike. Be on my way."

Molly felt security wrap around her. She peaked out the window and saw a pale white man, smiling. By the time Chris snuck in the house, Molly was rocking herself back and forth. Chris hugged her close and they both watched the man approach the window, his eyes dripping with blood. The man got so close to the window they could hear what he was saying. "It's dark outside. Won't you let me in?" Followed by wicked laughter.

Chris squeezed Molly so tight she couldn't breath. Molly started sobbing more when the man walked through the wall. His face was all bloody and he was clutching a knife. "So, so dark outside." He said over and over.

The next few days passed and Molly and Chris were no where to be seen. Finally, one of Molly's dogs carried Molly's decapitated head back to her mom, flowed by Chris's head. "So, so dark outside." was carved across their foreheads.
Please vote and comment.