40. Pool Hall Ghost

One Friday night, a young man in his early twenties. Went out with his girlfriend and a few buddies to a local pool hall. It wasn't long until the young man was challenged to a money match. Not being a very good pool player, the young man accepted the challenge. So he wouldn't look yellow infront of his girlfriend and buddies. He was told they would be shooting for a hundred dollars a game. The first game was over and done in two seconds. The young man had lost a fast hundred to his challenger. Being a man of honor. He turned around and asked for a rematch. Calling it double or nothing. The challenger accepted his challenge for a rematch. Right before the game started, a man appeared. "Lets make it a doubles match", this stranger remarked. I'll team up with the youngster, and you pick a partner for yourself. The young man looked at this stranger, and remarked. "Who the hell are you?" I don't need your help, get lost. The stranger replied, "My boy, you do need my help" The young man ended up teaming up with this stranger. They played two games together, winning both. At the end of the games. The stranger gave the young man all of the winnings. And told the young man, "Never put yourself in this situation again". Betting more money, doesn't make you a man. Walking away will make you the better man. The young man was in shock. He couldn't believe a complete stranger would go out of his way to help him out. He ended up going home with all of the winnings. The next morning, the young man had went to his father to tell him the story. After a few minutes of hearing his sons wacky story. The man got up and went into another room. When he re-entered the room, he had a photo in his hand. He had asked his son, "Is this the man who helped you win your money back" With a shocked look on his face. The young man replied, "Yes father, it is". The man in the picture, turned out to be the young mans uncle. Who was a professional pool hustler murdered in 1957, for pool hustling.

Thanks for reading. Have  a look on my new fanfic on wattpad<3