Warrior

He sees the ship slowly drifting off in the water. His deceased father laying in it. Just about an hour before, Toothless had been taken into control by Drago's Bewilderbeast.

He was ready to kill his rider. However, just milliseconds before Toothless was about to shoot him, he felt a strong push and the blast. A few moments later, he found himself several feet from where he stood earlier.

Looking back, he saw his father laying on the ground, motionless with huge ice pieces over him.

Things led to another and now, he was holding a bow and an arrow in his hands, just about to shoot the flaming arrow onto the drifting ship.

He sighed quietly before raising his arms and pulling back the string, the arrow laying in the nocking point where he served it.

Letting go of the string, the arrow cut through the air before turning downwards and plummeting towards the ship. It landed right below the table where his father and their past chief laid. He saw all the other flaming arrows fly towards the ship and landing.

"I'm sorry, dad," He said quietly. "I'm not the chief you wanted me to be and...I'm not the peacekeeper I thought I was. I...don't know."

Astrid sighed and looked at him. She knew what was going to happen. He was going to become chief. Something he didn't want to be. But, she promised herself that she would always be there for him. Because, even if he acted like he didn't need her, she knew he did and she would always be there for him when that time came.

He saw his mother slowly walking towards him. Valka raised her hand and softly brushed her fingers through his hair.

"You came early into this world, you were such a wee thing. So frail, so fragile, I feared you wouldn't make it. But your father, he never doubted. He always said you would become the strongest of them all, and he was right. You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon. Only you can bring our worlds together. That is who you are, son."

Hiccup looked back at his mother before stepping forward slowly. "I, ah... I was so afraid of becoming my dad mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try..." He trailed off and bowed his head, sobbing.

Astrid raised her brows in concern and slowly started to walk towards him. She passed his mother and she looked at her. Astrid gave her a faint smile before she kept walking. Once she reached him, she looked down at his limp hand and moved her arm slowly, her hand slipping into his.

Hiccup turned his head to look at who it was and when he laid his eyes on her, he couldn't act anymore. He pulled his hand away from her and wrapped one of his arms around her waist and the other one around her neck before pulling her tightly against him and burying his face into her neck.

He couldn't stop crying. But, he was glad that at least she was still alive. Loosing his father was hard because he was the person who raised him. Who stayed with him for twenty years. But, if he lost her...

He wouldn't be able to handle it.

Astrid wound her arms around his middle softly and hugged him close to her, her chin laying on his shoulder. She moved her head and turned it slightly, her lips meeting the skin just above the collar of his suit.

"Hiccup," She whispered softly to him, just loud enough for him to hear. She moved and he immediately tightened his grip around her. "Don't go," He whispered into her hair before sobbing. "I'm not going anywhere," She whispered back to him, her left hand slowly moving over his back.