chapter 23

brandons pov:
one year later

  it's been a year since i've seen peyton. a year since i've talk to her. we just lost touch i guess.

  6 months ago i moved to california but next week i'm moving back to arizona. i miss my family and friends a lot.

  right now i'm watching a boring moving with my girlfriend. well soon to be ex-girlfriend.

  i've dated many girls over the year. 13 to be exact. i'm not exactly proud of that. most of them were great. but none of my relationships lasted. no one was right for me.

  "brandon?"

  i snap out of my thoughts. "is something wrong? you've been staring at wall and haven't blinked once."

  "i'm fine." i say. i hate to lie but i don't want her to worry. "we can talk about it." she says. i've been dating kaitlyn for about two weeks. she great and all but i just think she isn't right. but i think it's time to break up.

  "i'm sorry kaitlyn. you're a great girl but i just feel we aren't right for each other. and our relationship wouldn't be as strong when i move back to arizona. i'm sorry."

  she got up and left. she slammed my apartment door. she was angry and probably wanted to kick my head off.

  next week

  i walk out of my car. i'm back to where it all started. i knock on the door as ashton and hunter pile on top of me. we get up and i see my mom. she runs up to me and hugs me. "i've missed you all so much!" i say.

  "we have to talk."

  my mom sounded so serious. i was suddenly worried.

  she sat me down and pushed my brothers in the house.

  "it's about peyton."

  "well what about her?" i say, my voice shaky.

  "she has no where to stay. she tried to go back to her mom's house. it didn't work out. she couldn't stay at maci's anymore. their friendship is gone. and i know you won't like this but she's staying here for a while until she can get back on her feet."