Leaving

The Last Wolf Chapter 2-Leaving

Enought dwelling on the past, I need to move on and forget everyone and everything that happened here. I'm on the run, I'm leaving everyone and everything behind. For their own good, and a little for myself. I'm sick of keeping half of my life a secret from my family and some of my friends. I just have to leave before they find out about me being a wolf. I have to go home and grab some clothes and money. I also have to leave a note for my parents and my friends explaining about what I am and for them not to look for me.

Once I ran home I changed back into my human form and grabbed the clothes I stowed away for times like this outside my window. I crawled in my window that I left open earlier today, and started packing my bags with everything that I needed, clothes, money, keys, and shoes. I wrote both of my notes, one for my parents and another one for my friends that I hope my parents give to them.

Dear Mom and Dad,

I hope you keep an open mind when you read this. Don't come looking for me because you won't find me. I had to leave if I wanted to keep you alive. Maybe I'll see you sometime in the future when its safe. I have been lying to you for the past few years. I'm not completly human, I mean I was until junior year. I'm a werewolf and I was the beta of my pack with Jace as the alpha. Yes, that means Jace was also a werewolf, and I say was because he is now dead along with the rest of my pack. We were betrayed by Shayne, he is a vampire, and him and a bunch of his vampire buddies took out my pack. Jace is the only reason I'm alive and I'm scared if I stay that Shayne will be after you and I couldn't live with myself if he hurt you. Just know to avoid Shayne if you see him. And remember I love you and I hope to see you again.

Be safe,

Leah

After that note I started the note for my friends, I think I'm going to write it for Ava, since she knows about what Shayne, Jace and me are, and I'll stop by her house to see if I can stay for the night.

Dear Ava,

I know you'll find this tomorrow morning when you realize I'm gone. I've got something to tell you, Shayne is a traitor and Jace is dead. I'm the only one left, don't look for me I'm leaving so no one else I love here gets hurt. I left a note for my parents so they should know what I am and if they don't believe it I need you to help me stop them from looking for me. Hopefully I will see you again, and if I don't well I hope you have a good life.

Take care,

Leah

I took the note for my parents and put it by the coffee pot and walked out the door. I locked the door and walked to my car with all my bags. My bags went into the back seat and I started my 1970 Chevy Camaro SS. It is a midnight blue car with white racing stripes. I did a total overhaul with this car; my dad had helped me with it. It had all of the original engine parts; they were just cleaned and we modified them. (I also had to paint it the color I wanted.) My car purred like a kitten when it starts. I pulled out of my driveway and looked back at my house for the last time.

I started to think about the day's events when A Summer Scene's song 'If You Were Still Here' started playing. It is a song about losing a close friend and it reminded me of Jace and I just couldn't take it, I pulled over to the side of the road and I cried. I cried the most I ever cried in my whole life. I lost my best friend and my almost boyfriend, Jace meant a lot to me and now he is gone. I looked at the clock on my radio, 1:45, damn I've been crying for half an hour. I've got to hurry to Ava's if I want to get any sleep tonight.

So I start on the road again and after 15mins of driving I finally made it to Ava's. I knocked on her window and she let me in. She knows that if I have trouble at home I'll come over in the middle of the night, so she asked no questions. Once she feel back asleep I feel asleep, but not before I set an alarm for 5:30 before she would ever think about getting up.

I feel asleep and I had a nightmare.

I'm running through the woods in wolf form and I hear my name being called from behind me.