Rozada

Once I was on the road again I began to think back a couple months when Jace started changing people and he taught me how to do it. So I got the idea to create my own pack with people I changed. I just have to figure out whom. My thoughts took me to North Carolina where I used to live before I moved to Rose City. Maybe one of them could be the perfect person to start a new pack with. This time I would be alpha, and the people I choose to be in the pack will be people that can and will fight to the death. I'm going to avenge Jace's death and I want to see them try to stop me.

So I'm in Charlotte, North Carolina to visit old friends. I'm going to see who shows the most potential between all my old friends. I'm thinking about my close friend Rozada (Rose in Spanish), whom i kept in contact with since i moved to Maine. Rozada seems like a good person to start out as my second. When we would talk she told me about how she became a street fighter, one of the best. I think she would be good in a fight, as a human and wolf. Her fighting name was "The Great Casilda." (Casilda means "warlike, a fighter", maybe Spanish or German). She was my best friend until Jace came along.

I feel the tears slide down my face and I try to fight them, but being the silent tears they are it's hard to stop.

I need to stop dwelling on the past and Jace. He is dead and will never come back. I just can't stop wishing he would. I need him right now. I need my alpha to guide me.

I remember the route to Rozada's house from the Thruway by heart, like it was yesterday. I've missed her and I always dreamed of coming to visit Rozada again, I just didn't think it would be under these circumstances. I thought it would have been on the road trip that Jace and I was going to take. The plan was to see the country, as much as we could before we had to start college.

By the time I made it to Rozada's house I finally convinced myself not to cry anymore over Jace or the rest of my pack because they will never come back. Even though I don't even know if I can even not cry anymore.

Finally, I pulled into Rozada's driveway. I saw the curtain move and the front door open before I even fully parked the car. I parked the car, shut it off and got out the car when I was tackled to the ground by Rozada. "Ugh, Rozada that hurt."

"Sorry Leah I've just missed you sooooooo much!" She was so high pitched that I could hardly understand her.

Rozada has bleached blond hair with blue eyes and basically looks like Reese Witherspoon. She was about 5ft 7. Same height I was before I changed. I was always jealous of her blond hair and blue eyes. I was the only one in my family with brown hair and hazel eyes.

"Leah I can't believe you didn't call me to tell me you were visiting. I would have had made up the guest house and would have done some grocery shopping. Well I'm going to think about that stuff later and focus on you. How have you been since we last talked? How are things with you and Jace?"

Ugh not the topic I really wanted to talk about right when I got here. Time for some distraction.

"I've been good happy to be out of high school and be on my own for a little while before I start school in two years. Remember how I told you how I was thinking about taking a year off if I got accepted into University of Florida's Nursing Program well I did! I made it in and they told me they could save my spot for next year and if I didn't come I wouldn't have to apply again. So I was going to do some traveling with some of the money from a savings bond I didn't even know I had until I got a call from some people telling me about it. And I thought what better to spend some of that money than coming and visiting an old friend I haven't seen in a while and would love to see. So here I am. You happy to be out of school?"

I hope that distracts her so she doesn't bring up Jace. I think I would cry if I had to say something right now about him. I still can't believe I love a dead man. I feel like I should be much older if I'm in love with a dead man. Oh god, here comes the memories,