Chapter Two

Elena didn't know what to do. Should she stay hidden amongst the trees? She was getting really cold because of the night air chill and she wasn't on the receiving end of the fires warmth.

A chill ran through her spine with a snap of a twig behind her - she couldn't breathe it was like smoke had begun to fill her lungs - her eyes scattered every which way only to lock eyes on a women who closely resembled her friend.

Her hands went up to her neck - she tried to breathe normally but no matter what she did she couldn't. "Who are you? And why are you here?!" The hold on her lessened a bit and she could breathe again.

Coughing as she inhaled and exhaled the fresh air around her, "my name is Elena. " Elena tries to get up to regain some composure of herself, "are you a Bennett witch?" She asks a flicker of something washed through the women's features.
She was obviously on to something. If this women before her was an ancestor of Bonnie's then she could be in luck. Although looking on their first meeting Elena could tell that they probably won't be on easy terms with one another from the get and go.

"How do you know who I am?" She questions - her hand was raised Elena knew if she didn't answer correctly her life would be on the line. She didn't have time to die. She had things to do. People to change.

"I was sent back to the past. I'm from the future. And where I come from I'm close friends with your descendent. A Bennet witch. "

The women's arms slowly falls to the side and Elena let out a breathe she didn't know she was holding. It was a good sign. Maybe she would make it somewhere yet.

"A time spell. That is some heavy magic. I'm sure my descendent is paying the price for it. I'm sorry for acting first. The other side alerted me of a disturbance. We didn't know what or who could of breached it. "

Elena was taking all of this in and couldn't find the right words to reply. Just this was too much. She missed her friends and family. Stephan and Damon.

Yet she remembered why she was here. The originals. Looking behind her she could see them laughing and enjoying their mortality. They were mortal. Elena looked back to the Bennett witch, "I was sent back to change things for the better. But I have no idea how to do it. "

Elena glanced upwards taking the sight of the stars. The stars were the same. She could say that. She was still on Earth. The same universe. Although a different time - the stars though were  her constant.

"I will help you. I'll introduce you as my niece. I'm Rosella Bennett. Now come and follow me. You wear strange clothing. You'll stick out like a sore thumb. Changed, yes?"

Elena didn't know what she was able to do. In this time. With no knowledge. But she had Rosella's help if that accounted for anything.