Chapter 11: An Unexpected Visit To Vaas

(The sun was slowly rising from behind the water to halfway towards the sky. Nathan and Sully built a raft while Sam puts Christopher's body on the raft. Lara wrote on his tombstone: "RIP CHRISTOPHER MINTZ-PLASSE, GREAT EXPLORER AND GREAT FRIEND. QUOTE: "I HAVE NEVER DIED IN VAIN BECAUSE I SHOWED MY TRUE COURAGE LIKE A MAN BY BURIED HERE LIKE A REAL MAN." -CHRISTOPHER MINTZ-PLASSE." (She then puts the tombstone in the little hole and patted it down. She wiped her hands off from the sand.)

Nathan: "Hey, Lara. We're ready to push the raft."

Lara: "Alright. I'm coming." (She went to them and looked at Sully.)

Sully: "When you say it, kid."

Lara: "Okay. Three...two...one...push it." (They all pushed the raft from the sand to the ocean and they let it go to float. They watched the raft as it floated to the mist area and he was gone.)

Lara: "Good job making the raft, guys. It was pretty strong."

Sully: "We found bamboo and it was tough. So we used that and we used a bit of strong vines to tie them together."

Nathan: "It was complicated, but it was worth it."

Lara: "It was. Excellent work. We did good. Christopher and Barry will be proud."

Sam: "Yeah. We better head back now before Vaas kill us."

Nathan: "When we do, we'll pretend we're asleep."

Sully: "Right." (They ran back to their cabins and pretended to sleep. A guard came over and saw them "sleeping". He took out Vaas's horn and blowed. Nathan got up first.)

Nathan: "Morning, already?"

Guard 1: "Time to get up. Breakfast time."

Sam: "Wait, isn't Vaas supposed to be here?"

Sully: "Yeah, what happened? He overslept?"

Guard 1: "Hey, that's none of your damn concern! When I said it's breakfast time, it's f****** breakfast time, you locos! Come on!" (He had his gun holstered and the guys got out. Another guard grabbed Lara by the arm.)

Lara: "Hey, why can't I have breakfast?"

Guard 3: "You don't need to know, girlie. Just wait here."

Lara: "Wait? My friends need me."

Guard 3: "I said wait here when I tell you that."

Lara: "Okay, okay." (The rest of the guys followed the first guard. There was a hole that was covered with palm leaves. Sully saw a mango tree and coconuts.)

Sully: "Hey, gentlemen. We found the jackpot."

Nathan: "Nice." (The one guard stood behind them.)

Sam: "Yeah. I hope we get to drink the juices out of the fruit."

Nathan: "We are, Sam. You can count on that."

Sully: "Hey, kids. Isn't Lara supposed to be with us?" (The one guard shoves them in the trap hole that was 300 ft deep full water at the bottom.)

All: "WHOOOOA!" (They landed with a splash. The guard laughs and looked down the hole. He doesn't see anything, but moving water. He took out his radio and began contacting.)

Guard 1: "Hey, Vaas. It seems the plan has worked so far."

Vaas: (COM) "Good, amigo. You don't see any movement?" (The guard looked in the hole and saw no movement at all.)

Guard 1: "Negative. Looks clear to me."

Vaas: (COM) "Great. You may take a rest and have some lunch on me."