Chapter 3

"You can't stop being afraid just by pretending everything that scares you isn't there"

-Michael Marshall-

***

Phoebe's P.O.V

My eyes slowly flutter open, and I realize that what happened last night was actually real, and the fact that I was kidnapped to another country is also real. I can't believe that everything truly happened, it was like a nightmare.

And now I'm here, it's no longer dark for the small window right above me is shining in some light signaling that it's morning now.

Not long after I wake up, the door in the room opens, and a man enters the room. It's the same blonde man with gray eyes that brought me to this very place last night, the one who seems to be the leader of them all.

He enters with a bowl on his hand and a glass of water, and he has a cold expressionless face on. Gosh, I hate this man already.

He puts the meal in front of the cell, and push them in through the bottom part. I look at it and realize it's a bowl of plain oatmeal and a glass of water.

"Eat up, we're still thinking of what we should do with you." He says that but I remain silence.

He doesn't seem to care but I realize he is staring at me, from the bottom to the top, which makes me feel uncomfortable, so I decide to move back a little.

He doesn't say anything else, and I can hear him standing up, and when he's about to leave the room, I say in a slow tone.

"You bastards!"

He seems to hear it and turns back toward me and he slowly approaches me again, this time, he opens the cell door and comes in.

"What did you say?"

"You are a pathetic bastard." I say slowly, because I don't even have the energy to shout due to the shock factor last night.

His eyes widen in anger and I know that I just made a mistake. This man is several times bigger than me, and I just angered him.

He raises his hand and he's about to slap me. I shut my eyes and flinch in fear, preparing myself for the slap, but nothing happens.

So I open my eyes to see him punching the wall beside me which makes me flinch.

"Goddamit!" He shouts and gives me a meaningful look before storming out from the cell, and he quickly locks it again. He has an annoyed expression on his face, and he immediately goes out from the room with a loud banging sound.

Gosh, what is wrong with that man?

Now, what am I supposed to do here?

***

Edgar's P.O.V

What the heck just happened?

What was wrong with me?

Why couldn't I hit her?

I never have problem hitting people before, even if it's a woman, I know that I'm a douchebag, I don't play by the moral and the standards of society.

And I don't give a crap about it.

However, this is the first time, in my whole life, that I cannot hit someone. It's the first time in my life, that I ever hold myself back from hurting someone.

And it terrifies me.

"Woah, what's up with that hand of yours, man?"

Viktor stands up from his seat as he looks at my hand, he and Matvey are at the living room right now, just watching some lame TV shows with popcorns.