Another Proposal

Kriss's POV

I was still in the palace after America's wedding because she insisted that me and Celeste stay for a bit longer. Ryan, Maxon's friend from Ireland was still here but was to leave in two days time. Me and Ryan met at the choosing ceremony, while I was walking down the hallways in depression.

He had asked me to sort of have a date the following day and I, of course, said yes. A few dates later, we were chanting cheesy things to one another. I knew deep inside of me, that I truly loved that man, and I hoped he had the same feelings for me. We were having a date up on top of the roof today. And I was heading right there, right now.

I walked up the last few steps and I had finally reached my beautifully set up destination. Lights were hung up across the poles, and flowers were skimmed across a white sheeted table filled with all sorts of foods. "Wow" a soft whisper came out of my mouth. My mouth hung a bit lower than it should have and I quickly shut it right and tight. I would never forget the lessons the selection taught me.

Two arms wrapped around my thin waist and I turned around to meet grassy green eyes adoringly staring down at me. My lips dragged themselves up towards his and we shared yet another, magical kiss. I had never felt this with the time I kissed Maxon. There was just no spark there between us like there was with Ryan.

"What is this all for?" I asked him.
"Well my darling, can't I do anything special for you." He replied back.

I looked down and blushed. "Well anyway, shall we start scramming up this delicious meal." I straightened up and nodded. "Yes we shall."
After eating a wonderful share of spaghetti and lemon squares, we got up and laid down on a set up blanket laid on he dusty ground. We stared up at the stars for a while and then I got up and leaned against the railing which looked upon the amazing city of Angeles. I sighed to myself. "Isn't it beautiful Ryan?"

I heard no reply and turned my head towards my left and saw his kneeling on one knee holding a tiny box in his hand. I turned and my hands covered themselves over my wide mouth. My eyes were already brimmed with tears and nothing had been said yet.

"Beautiful Kriss. The beautiful one I have gotten to know over this past year. The one who holds my heart. The one who I would like to share the rest of my life with. My buddy Maxon was definitely right about any guy being lucky to have you. I'm the luckiest man in the world and I don't know what I would do without you. You are my everything and  I really cannot imagine a future with anyone else. So Kriss, will you be my wife?"

I was completely speechless, by then my body started coming back to me and I was nodding like crazy chanting, "YES!! YES!!" Tears were straight up flowing down my face. He came back up and then he passionately kissed me and I did back. It was such a beautiful, romantic moment and I don't know anything that could top it off.

I was going to be with the man I loved for the rest of my life and that's all that mattered to me in the moment.