two × meeting

• m i l l i e •

i watched as him and his friend walked through the crowd of people.
our gazes met for a split second but soon were broke apart by the chaos of the party.

my thoughts were interrupted when my friend, maddie, shouted at me, "millie!"

i shook my head and scanned the crowd for her, i finally found her, standing next to my ex-boyfriend levi.

i walked slowly, trying not to make eye contact with him, "maddie, let's go,"

"mills, he really misses you, and is sorry for what he did, why can't you forgive him?"

"maddie, i don't think you understand! he cheated on me,"

she looked at her purse then back at me, "i'm sorry, i just thought i'd help,"

i wrapped my arms around her, "you're fine, i just, need a break, okay?"

she nodded, "let's go get something to drink,"

we both walked towards the long table of drinks, starting from soda, to vodka.

me and maddie both took a red cup and filled it with regular beer.

"to a new year, and new boys!" we both clinked our cups together and gulped a drink down

i refilled my cup and told maddie i had to find someone.
she nodded as i walked away, i planned to find the boy, whose name was finn.

i walked through the crowd of people when i finally found him, sitting against the wall, sipping at his drink.

i leaned on the wall next to him and sipped at my drink, mocking him.

"so, you're names finn," i half-shouted over the loud music

"yes, it- it is," he stuttered

"well, i'm millie, millie brown."

"well hi millie brown, want to go some place where we can hear each other speak?"

i nodded as i followed him to the balcony, away from the party.

we leaned against the railing and enjoyed the view.

"so, we meet, officially." he broke the silence

"yes, i guess we do,"

"what's your major?" he asked while wiping his hands on his pants

"i want to be a surgeon, but not the ones you see on tv," i paused "i want to be a real surgeon,"

he looked at me then at his cup, "awh, i was really hoping you'd be a meredith grey type,"

i hit his arm playfully, before i could ask him what he was majoring in, i heard a loud gasp.

i turned around to see maddie, standing shocked, "millie, what are you doing? you can't talk to," she paused, eyeing finn, "trash—,"

i looked at finn, who seemed like he had just got stabbed, "i'm sorry,"

i walked passed maddie, towards the bathroom, in which she followed.
as soon as the bathroom door shut, she began to scream at me.