Prologue

Authors Note- Larissa's nickname is Iz/ Izzy if you were wondering who Tobias was talking about and Four is called Tobias at the moment.

Larissa's Pov

Today it was Tobias' aptitude test. He would probably get home earlier than me because they only have lessons till lunch and they can leave once they've taken the test. I will be taking the test in 2 years time. In two years I will finally get out of this hell hole. 

Our father , Marcus Eaton, abuses us everyday but he's stopped beating Tobias now because people will see all the scars at the choosing ceremony- I still have to put up with it.

I've told Tobias to leave because if he doesn't leave now he will never get the chance to leave. 

Our father used to love us. That was until our mother died and the he became the monster he is today. Honestly I think it's just his way of coping but it still hurts and he lost all of his family the day he first beat Tobias' back with his belt.

Tobias' Pov 

Today it is the choosing ceremony. I am dreading walking up to that bowl of coal, cutting myself and leaving Iz with that monster but she will come and join me in dauntless in just a few years time.

Drip... the tears in Izzy's eyes where there I could see but she refused to be seen as weak. I just hope that Marcus doesn't take out his anger from me leaving on Iz.