The Deal

~Last chapter! I hope you enjoyed reading~

Bucky knocked on the door to Tony's workshop early the next morning. Tony was busy welding the arm of his latest suit but looked up at the door anyways. "FRIDAY, who is it?" he asked, knowing that Steve would still be asleep and wouldn't bother knocking before entering anyways.

"James Buchanan Barnes is at the door. Shall I let him in?" the A.I. said.

Tony's eyebrows knitted together in confusion before he responded, "sure." He put down his tools, taking a seat on his work bench.

A few seconds later, Bucky made his way into the workshop and sat across from the engineer.

"What can I do for you? Is the arm okay?" Tony asked.

Bucky smiled and looked up at the other man sheepishly. "The arms perfect. I actually have a favor to ask of you," he told him. "I know that we're not friends and after everything that I've done, I'm in no position to ask you for anything, but if you could just hear me out...," he trailed off, running a hand through his hair nervously.

Tony thought about it for a moment and then nodded saying, "Let bygones be bygones and all. Go on."

Relief and hopefullness lit up Bucky's eyes as he explained, "Okay, so I really want to propose to Sam. I know it's soon but with what we do, I don't want to miss my chance. The problem is that I don't know anything about rings and more importantly, I don't have really any money, and I'd really prefer to not steal the money for it. Sam just might kill me."

As Tony took in the shocking news, he huffed out a laugh and asked, "So let me get this straight, you want me to help you pick out a ring for Sam and then buy it for you?"

Bucky swallowed the saliva that was filling his mouth and nervously nodded. "If you don't want to, I understand. It's a lot to ask," he assured him.

Tony started full on laughing now as he walked over to his desk and opened a drawer, pulling out a few magazines and bringing them over to hand to Bucky. "I'll make you a deal. I'll help you pick out a ring for Sam and pay for it, if you look through these and tell me which one you think the star spangled man would like," he explained.

Bucky's eyebrows knitted together as he thought about what Tony was asking of him. "You want to marry Stevie?" he asked, shocked.

Tony grinned and nodded giddily. "Yeah, I've been thinking about it for a while now and I just haven't been able to decide. I want to get him something that he'd really like, and I figure you probably know him the best, so I'd appreciate your help," he admitted.

Bucky nodded to himself and flipped through the catalog, looking at the pictures. "He's happiest when he's around you, you know. I don't think that I've ever seen him this in love, even with Peggy," he said, glancing up at Tony, expressionless.

The smaller man smiled widely and asked, "So you'll help?"

Bucky nodded. "Of course. I'm glad he has you. I just have one condition," he insisted.

Tony waited for him to respond, but when he didn't, he cleared his throat. "And that is?" he asked.

Bucky smirked and answered, "Promise me you'll take good care of him."

Tony put down the gadget he was playing with and held out a hand. "Deal," he agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How about this one?" Tony asked, turning the picture around to show Bucky.

Bucky looked at it and whined, "Tonyyyy," as he rolled his eyes yet again.