Flawed Perfection Ch. 18

Done! I'm ready to bust out these last few chapters very quickly because I REEEEEEALLY want to finish this before my birthday ;) 11 days left! The picture is of the nurse :3 and the song is one I've just been listening to over and over while I wrote this lol

________________________________________________________________________________

I felt my heart drop. Hazel deserved the part more than I did, but it was still a hard blow.

I nodded, just so he knew I heard him and he wouldn’t have to say it again. Looking to the front of the room I realized that of all the people who auditioned I’d rather have Hazel play Sleeping Beauty than anyone else.

 It still hurt really bad. I know that I didn’t even have a shot because I’d passed out but I had wanted this for a while now.

 Luke fiddled with an invisible thread on his jeans, staring at the floor. I think he was scared as to how I’d react. It was disappointment more than anything.

 I closed my eyes and leaned back against my pillow. I wish Luke would leave so I could cry. It would be embarrassing to burst into tears over a part. My eyes flashed open.

 “Wait, did I even get a part?” I asked, staring at him. This was my last hope, that I even made it into the performance. My eyes were wide and I was probably the face of desperation.

 Luke gulped staring at me with fear in his eyes. “Uh I dunno.” He said, lying horribly.

 Everything I had just smashed right to the ground. “I’m not even in it.” I said, my voice sounding dead.

 I lay back down and turned on my side so I was facing away from Luke.

 “Char it’s just…” He didn’t finish his sentence. I was crying silently and the bed shook, making squeaky noises.

 The tears fell fast and didn’t show any signs of stopping. My life has just been smashed. I’m stuck in some weird hospital because everyone is convinced I have an eating disorder, my own boyfriend is scared of me, and I didn’t even get into Sleeping Beauty.

 Sobs were starting to get caught in the back of my throat and I tried not to make any noise even if Luke already knew I was crying.

 I felt Luke sit down on the edge of the bed, my back facing him. He reached out and patted my shoulder awkwardly. My tears were starting to make a little wet spot under my cheek on the sheets.

 He shifted so he was sitting next to me, his legs stretched out in front of him. “Charlotte.” He murmured and gently pulled me to him.

 I continued crying, only harder now and sobs were starting to rip through my chest. He held me close and whispered things that I didn’t hear because my tears were too loud.

 I clung to him tightly even though it put pressure on the IV in my arm. He pulled me onto his lap and tucked my head under his chin. I started to choke a little on my tears and he rubbed my back.

 The sounds of my crying and sobs went on for about fifteen minutes. Luke was still there the whole time holding me. I wondered vaguely when my tears quieted down if he was even allowed to do this.

 A few minutes later I was still curled up in his lap, practically asleep. The door opened and the doctor came back in. He saw the two of us and raised an eyebrow. I stared at him miserably, clinging to Luke so he wouldn’t get up.

 “I’m sorry, Luke, could you please move?” A nurse walked in behind him wheeling in a weird looking machine. “We need to hook this up to Charlotte.” My eyes grew wide and I stared at him.