Overdose

It was one of coldest winter in East Chicago, but that didn't stop the dealer's on the block tryna make their money and the feins tryna get their next hit. Something was always happening in these parts of East Chicago, police were always out in the projects for some reason and this particular night wasn't no surprise to anybody when they noticed three police officers banging on Talisha's door at Ten 'O Clock at night for about Five minutes.

The next door neighbor Miss. Peggy called saying she could hear Talisha's new born baby girl screaming for hours and she didn't think nobody was in there with her. Talisha's was basically known as a crackhead around the way and wasn't a shame to do what she had to do to feed her habit. She wasn't always this way though, she was a good college girl that came from a decent family, but like they say the hood does change some people.

Eventually the cops grew tired of banging on her door and ordered the landlord to unlock the door for them. They soon realized the minute the door flew open there was no electricity in the apartment. The cold air lingering in the apartment made it feel like it was ten times colder inside than it was outside.

The three officers walked through the dark apartment and stopped in their tracks when the foul smell hit their nose indicating there was possibly a dead body inside somewhere. Drawing their guns, they slowly walked through the apartment so more.

Officer Rob who was in charge called out...

"This is the Chicago police Is anyone in the  home "? He said as he flashed his flash light around the room.

The farther they got in the apartment They noticed the place was beyond filthy. There were mice, and other critters crawling around trash everywhere with dirty smelly diapers and old molded bottles laying around. It wasn't safe for anyone and their newborn to live here and honestly they seen bad living conditions everyday but this is by far the worst they seen especially from a young female like Talisha. There eyes roamed around the dark living room area until they spotted a horrifying scene which was a young woman slumped over on the couch with a needle hanging from her arm.

Officer Rob shook his head with sadness in his eyes as he stared at the young deceased girl who appeared to be in her late teens/ early twenties.

"Overdose... Jake call it in get the morgue down here.... Adam you check the rest of the apartment please" Rob instructed. Officer Jake did as he was told and made the call over the walkie talkie, meanwhile officer Adam checked the rest of  the apartment.

Adam walked down the small hallway until he heard alittle weak cry coming from the back room. Slowly pushing the door open he walked over to a old beat up bassinet where his eyes landed on a tiny baby girl. Her pale skin was red and eyes were weak and swollen as if she had been crying for days and her diaper was soaked. But that didn't stop officer Adam from feeling sorry and picking her frail body up in his arms.

"It's okay... I got you little one" he whispered as he rocked her to keep her from crying. He stared in her eyes and wonder what this poor baby had been through and it ached his heart because here her mother was dead and she was left alone with no mommy.

He informed his partners that she was alive and would need medical treatment fast. They soon learned that Talisha had been dead for  approximately a day and some hours.

Sadly, Talisha had just had her baby girl Tionne less than a week ago and the worst part about it the father was clueless to even having a child. But you know how the streets talk, it didn't take him long to find word got around fast in these streets it never took long for shit to spread especially to one of the biggest drug lord here in Chicago. Her father, his name was John.

     This is the beginning💔💔💔💔