Chapter 9

Jay's POV
Ever since Amber has been kidnap we have had her homeschooled it was easier for all of us. Also since she is academically advance she can get it done at her own pace. I was getting ready for work, I quickly showered I skipped my run this morning because I woke up late and I knew I didn't have enough time. I got dressed in dark jeans with a grey t-shirt, I grabbed some white socks and grabbed my work boots. I put my dog tags on and headed to the kitchen. I saw Will I said "Where's Amber?" He said "She is in her room. I wouldn't go in there, she is upset. She remembered her moms birthday is tomorrow and it's the first one without her here. I know we both have to get to work, so we will go in there tell her by and we will see her for lunch." I nodded I headed up there I knocked on the door and walked in. I said "Hey, honey Will and I have to go to work, we love you. I will see you for lunch." She nodded

Ambers POV

It was May currently and today was my moms birthday. First one without her here, it doesn't feel right. Will and Jay left for work, I quickly did my school work to get it done with. I quickly got dressed in some blue skinny jeans I grabbed my maroon t-shirt with my combat boots, I brushed my hair straighten it. I made some breakfast and I saw the time it was close to 11 and I knew Jay would be home soon. I quickly ate and turned on the tv. I watched a few shows then the door open and Jay was there. He said "How about we stop by a little breakfast diner." I nodded we headed to his favorite diner and we quickly ate. He said "I have the rest of the day off. What do you want to do?" I said "Nothing." We went back home Jay was just watching tv and I quickly slipped out and grabbed my roller blades and headed to my moms grave. I stop by a little market grab some flowers. Once I got there I took off my roller blades and slip on my black vans. I walked up to her grave, I set the flowers down and I sat down. I said "Happy Birthday Mom. I love you so much, I know I will see you again soon. In the past few months have been hectic, I was kidnapped but Hank and the team found me. I am homeschooled now since in Minnesota they where ahead of Illinois school district. Jay and Will both are crushing on some girls. I love you mom." I stayed there just sitting there, I kinda of jumped when someone put there hand on me, I turn around it was Jay. I hugged him and cried into his chest. He said "Hey, Shh it's okay." I stopped crying after a few minutes, Jay said "How about you and I go around downtown, you can still roller blade we will stop by the house for mine." I nodded I quickly got mine on and we stopped by the house and started to head down town. It was nice to get out with just Jay. He said "Hey, kiddo let's stop to get something to drink." I nodded we stopped by a convent store and I grabbed a water and Jay grabbed a Mtn Dew. We continued to skate around town, when Jay said "Alright we have to head back to the station Hank needs us." I nodded we headed to the station. Once we got there I slid my shoes on and we walked up the stairs. I headed to the break room. I looked out the window and just could see my mom, I didn't want to be here I just wanted to go back to Minnesota see our house again. I walked out the break room and told Jay "Hey, I'm going to see Will." He nodded and I headed to the hospital. I walked in and saw Will. He said "Hey, Amber how are you?" I said "I'm ok. When do you get off?" He said "I get off in about 10 minutes." I nodded I headed outside and waited for Will. Will came out and we got in his car and headed back home.

The next day black

Jays POV

It was the next day and I got up and got dressed in black Nike shorts and a blue t-shirt and I got my black asic shoes on and headed outside. I went on my two mile run for the day and when I was coming back on the house I heard screaming. I ran into the house and I saw Will by Ambers bed and Amber screaming. I ran to her and shook her awake and she shot up and started crying. Once she stopped crying she said "I'm sorry." I held her and I called Hank
H: Go for Voight
J: Hank, I'm sorry but I need to take a personal for Amber
H: Do what you have to.
I told Will "Try to get the day off." He nodded, he went out to make a call and he came back and said "I got the day off." He sat down with Amber and rubbed her back. Amber just stayed in my arms and I said "What's wrong?" She said "It was my moms first birthday with her gone." I nodded and said "Listen just cause she is gone doesn't mean she doesn't care about you. She loves you and wants what is best for you. Today we are going to go celebrate life." She nodded and I left to get dressed in some jeans and a blue t-shirt and some grey converse. Will got dressed in some shorts and a red t-shirt with vans. I tell Amber "Hey get dressed." She nods and I go to the kitchen with Will right behind me and he ask "So what are we going to do?" He says "We are going to go downtown to get flowers and pictures made for Amber." He nodded Amber came down in jean shorts and a army green t-shirt with her black converse. We quickly ate and then we headed out into my gray charger 2016 addition. We finally get to downtown and we go into a flower store. I tell Amber "Grab some flowers." She nods and starts to look around, with Will and I following close behind her. She picked out yellow daisy's her moms favorite color. We headed to the register and we pay for them. We head to the print shop and we get some pictures printed for her and we pick our frames. Once we get home Amber sets everything up in her room. She comes down and says "Thank you guys for everything." I hug her and says "I love you."

Hey sorry I haven't updated in a while I wanted this to be a long chapter. Also I have been getting some writers block. Thank you for the support!