fifteen

"jungkook, we're leaving."

jungkook nodded at the group in mid-dance. "yeah, go on ahead. i'll be home soon."

hoseok shook his head and turned off the music. "that's what you said last time and you came home at six in the morning. you need to rest. you've been dancing all day."

"hyung, it's okay." jungkook protested. "i'll be fine. you guys need rest, too."

a depressed jin nudged hoseok's shoulder and motioned for them to leave because he knew there was no way to win with this stubborn maknae.

"jungkook?"

jungkook stopped in his path towards the music player. "yes, namjoon-hyung?"

"does this have anything to do with those dreams you've been having?"

jungkook sighed and nodded. "sleeping only makes me experience that again. and i don't like it."

namjoon hit the younger one's back. "sleep is important for your body. be home before two am, okay? if you need to talk about your dreams, i'm always one bunk away." he smiled.

jungkook nodded. "okay. thanks, hyung."

once namjoon left, jungkook turned off the speaker and laid flat on the wooden floor of the practice room, limbs out like a starfish.

he exhaled loudly and proceeded to hum songs he liked.

taehyung watched from behind the door with a gloomy expression, staring at the maknae with a reflection of guilt in his hazel eyes.