twenty

jieun felt her hands become ice cold as she watched jungkook take back his card.

"thank you," he said to jaebum as he was handed his drink. jungkook stuffed his card in his back pocket as he proceeded to leave the cafe. 

"wai--" 

"morning, jieunnie!" 

jieun was interrupted by a bright, female voice entering from the backdoor.

"oh," she paused and gathered her emotions. "good morning, soyeon." she smiled.

"who's this man? nice to meet you, sir." soyeon bowed to the old man. 

taehyung awkwardly smiled. "nice to meet you. i'm friends with jieun's grandfather."

"that's cool!" she said. "i'm gonna go wipe down tabletops. are you gonna set up the pastries?"

jieun nodded and soyeon took that cue to walk away.

"hey,"

jieun's ears perked up at the quiet voice. 

her eyes widened as jungkook walked closer to her, his brown, doe-like eyes eating away at her soul.

"c-can i help you?" she stuttered, trying her best to act normal.

jungkook's eyes drifted off in the direction soyeon was.

"what's that girl's name?"

jieun's heart sank. "...soyeon." she let go of a breath she didn't know she was holding. "may i ask why?"

jungkook smiled. 

taehyung's eyes widened as he was able to sense what jungkook was feeling.

"she seems very familiar."

jungkook left the cafe with a smile under his mask, a watered down americano in one hand, and jieun's shattered heart in the other.