8 Strength

Strangers can become best friends just as quickly as best friend can become strangers.

~Anonymous

~~~~~~

Aaron rushed inside the hospital and went to the receptionist.

"Mr. Kent, please go to room number 300."

Aaron merely thanked the receptionist as his mind screamed Iris' name whilst his legs carried him to her room. Seeing no one in the hallway, he burst inside the room where the Johnsons blocked his view. He heard soft sobs of Faith and Maria which made him clench his jaw.

"Faith?" Aaron called out hoarsely and three heads snapped towards him

"Aaron, come here." Faith beckoned him with his fingers. She stepped aside and Aaron's violet eyes crashed against the wide blue ones. He stopped walking once he reached Iris' bed and sated at her.

Iris' face looked tired and she seemed weak but in that moment Aaron did not give attention to any of that as his gentle violet orbs gazed softly into the deep blue eyes which held grey specks to them. Iris broke down their stare and looked back at her parents with questioning eyes.

"Where is doctor? Has no one checked upon her?" Aaron roared out which made Iris flinch.

His eyes softened visibly as he stared at Iris and whispered out an apology.

"Doctor has already came and checked her. They are saying that she is weak and needs to be under their watch for at least a week." Carter spoke and went to the other side of the bed. Holding Iris' hand in his, Carter sat down next to her and gave her a soft smile.

Aaron looked back at Iris whose eyes kept on bouncing from one person to another. Frowning, Aaron asked, "Why is she not speaking?"

Aaron's eyes steeled as he looked back at the elder couple for the answer.

"Doctor is saying she is in shock. They have tried to get her to talk or to respond o them but she has not spoken a word yet. They even asked her to write it down but..." Maria cried out lowly.

Faith spoke in broken whisper, "The doctors asked her what she felt during the coma but she is not responding. Doctors did not think it would be right to pressurize her so they said that they would try to get answers from her in the morning."

Aaron nodded his head and left the room. He dialed Crystals number and cursed when the call went to the voicemail. He called at Christian's phone and sighed when he picked up the call at the second ring.

"Hel-"

"Uncle, where is Aunt?" Aaron asked cutting off Christian's words.

"Aaron, I will pass over the phone to her. She is in the kitchen but what happened to you? You sound worried."

"Uncle, I am fine. It is about one of Aunt's patients."

"Okay. Here, talk to Crys."

"Hey nephew number one."

"Aunt, Iris has woken up but she is not okay. She is not talking to anyone. What is happen-"

"Aaron, Aaron, calm down. I have already been informed about that. In fact I went back to the hospital. I was the one to check upon Iris so I know everything."

Aaron whooshed out a breath and let out a string of curses before kicking a bench nearby.

"But why is she not talking?"

"She is still in shock, Aaron. We can say it is aftershock."

"How did she wake up?"

"It was like a jolt. When her heart started to pick its pace, I was right there. Her breaths came into heavy pants and her eyes shot open. I asked her various questions but she did not reply even to one. I even waited for her to freak out but it was of no use.  So it is best that we give her the night and not force her in something she is not ready to do yet as her body might shut down and then she will slip into coma again or worse she could die." Crystal explained gently already knowing that Aaron would not take the news politely.