Chapter 3 - So it begins

I turned in my notice at work and started packing my things. Kyran showed up at my apartment a week later and managed my move back to the pack. I hadn't believed that he would let me get my revenge, I was really just trying to get him to reject me.

But my plan didn't work, and I was now moving back. Kyran didn't finish talking to me about his 'list of shame'. But he did write down his sexual activities for me.

He had been a busy boy. And I tried to ignore the pain that I felt. Actually, I was proud that I could make my legs move and walk, keep the mask on my face firmly in place. Kyran was no longer fooled, but didn't say anything.

I met a few of the pack members that Kyran brought, and it was awkward. But I started asking them about the recent changes in their lives. New babies, new jobs, new mates, all the usual happenings. And when the pack members were done, they bowed to me as I smiled at them. They seemed relieved that I was returning, and we talked while we all brought my boxes to the moving truck. I simply spoke to each of them and got caught up with their lives.

And later I belatedly discovered that I would be driving with Kyran for the long trip back, he made sure we were alone.

"Ellis, you sure you want to go through with this?" he asked me when we had been driving for about an hour.

I just kept looking out my car window, "Do you want me back?"

We just remained silent after that until we stopped in front of the pack house. I couldn't help the smile, I loved that big house. I had spent so much time there, and walking all around the village nearby, I knew all the paths. So much of my history was here, but I never thought I'd see it again.

"Welcome back, Luna," everyone said as they nodded their head to me, then looked at their Alpha with anger in their eyes. He stood stoically behind me, ignoring their glares. But I could feel his pain from their censure, and he could feel my pain at remembering why I left.

The mask and barriers were slowly deteriorating the longer I was around him. I just winced.

********

Dinner started quiet as I sat beside Kyran. So I started the conversation. "I'm glad to be back everyone. I'm glad for a new start and want to meet with everyone to get caught up." I took a drink of water since my mouth and tongue were suddenly dry.

"But I've seen the way you look at your Alpha," I continued. "And it will no longer be tolerated. He's your Alpha and will get the respect he's due. Or you will each answer to me."

"Yes, Luna," was murmured by everyone as they held their heads down.

"So," I started again, "who's setting up the bonfire tonight?" Everyone looked at me and then smiled. Most of the people started shouting ideas, and talking about who was going to bring the supplies and the room got noisy.

"Thank you, Ellis. They haven't had a party since you left."

I looked at Kyran and dropped my smile as I replied, "I know."

********

I slept in my own room, but unfortunately it was next to Kyran's. I could smell his strong scent, I could hear him moving around his room. Restless, searching for something, feeling unsatisfied. And I felt all his emotions as he sent them to me, keeping his internal barriers down for his mate. As I kept mine down now as part of his punishment.

He had met me monster.

The next night at dinner, I remembered looking at one of the females that he had sex with. I looked right at her as she looked at me, startled at my direct approach. She looked down quickly and excused herself from the table and left. I felt the stab of such pain, and knew my mate felt it.