part 24

10K! 10K! Ow yeah! 10K! *does a happy dance* HELLO MY PURPLE UNICORNS!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! this morning I woke up to see I had exactly 10.000 reads.... and I nearly fell off my bed. So this update is for everyone who helped make this story that popular!! me wuvvvs you! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

chapter 24

"But why would he...." Stiles fell silent when he realised Deucalions intentions. "He'll wait until one of the pups snaps, won't he? That way, when he kills us all, he can say we attacked first" Derek just nodded at his words, and Stiles felt like he was about to faint. "But... How can he do that to us? What have we ever done to him that would make him want to ruin our lives so bad?" Derek sighed. "He wants Scott." No need to say that this time Stiles did faint.

When he woke up he was on the couch once again, surrounded by the worried faces of his pups, and he could see that Peter was watching with an amused look on his face from the other couch. Also Derek looked like he was brooding in the corner of the room. "Hey guys" Stiles said while getting up. Immediatly he felt his pups' arms, all trying to help him up. "Calm down pups, I'm okay" he said with a soft smile, touched by their worry for him.  "You guys go grab a snack, I have to talk to Derek for a minute, okay?" They nodded, an all exept for Peter left. "Beat it zombie" Stiles said, and Peter rolled his eyes before making his way upstairs to do whatever psychopatic zombies liked to do in their spare time. "Derek, what did you mean, he wants Scott?" Stiles asked seriously, and Derek sighed and made his way over to the couch Stiles was sitting on. "Scott... Well, you know we talked about who'd be alpha after us right? Well, we never really talked about why I wanted it to be Scott, did we?" Derek said, and Stiles looked at him confusedly. "No, we didn't, why?" he asked, not sure where Derek was going with this. "Well, before we get to the point, do you know why all the betas are pups?" Derek asked him, and this confused Stiles even more. "No, I always just assumed it was like this in all packs" he said, and Derek nodded absentmindedly. "And that's kind of true, but you also have the grown betas in normal packs, and we don't have them in this pack because for a wolf to go from 'pup' to 'beta' he has to complete the mating ritual" Derek said, and Stiles still didn't get what this had to do with Scott, but he did think this was interesting. "So what will their status be after they become full grown betas?" he asked inruiged, and Derek nearly chuckled at his eagerness to learn. "They will have a higher status then the pups, and they will also have some responsability over them. They will basically become like older siblings, but they will also have lesser need for a 'mom', because they'll be more responsable" Stiles nodded. "So basically it'll be like our kids are growing up" Stiles said sadly, and this time Derek did chuckle. "Yeah, kind of like that" he said, and Stiles decided to put that subject aside for a moment. "But what does that have to do with Deucalion wanting Scott" he asked Derek, who sighed again. "Scott... He's kind of a special case." And just like that, Stiles was back to utter confusion. "Why? His powers aren't any different from the other pups', are they?" He asked. "Not yet, but as an alpha I can sense he'll be more later" Stiles frowned "What do you mean?" He asked, and Derek looked at him. "He'll be a true alpha. An alpha who doesn't have to kill for his power. That's why Deucalion wants him, and that's why he'll be alpha after me" Stiles' eyes went big. "What?" He asked, completely flabbergasted, but then it hit him. "That's why we can't let Scott and Allison mate yet, isn't it? Deucalion isn't sure yet" He said, and Derek nodded. "He isn't. But even if he wasn't a threat, I still would've waited with telling Scott. He's too young, he needs guidance, and that will be difficult if he's an alpha. Alpha's don't like to be told what to do" he said with a wink to lighten the mood, and Stiles chuckled. "They sure don't" he said, but then he realised someone hadn't been there when he sent everyone away. "Where's Deaton?" He asked curiously. "He had to get to the clinic, some emergency with a sick dog or something. Nothing bad" Derek assured him, and Stiles smiled. "Let's get the pups back into the room, okay? We have to discuss what we're going to do on the full moon" he said, and Derek gave him a look. "What?" Stiles asked. "I'm sorry babe, but Peter has to be included in this as well. Otherwise he'll come up with a plan for himself and probably ruin ours" Derek said, and Stiles groaned. "Okaay... I'll go get him" he said in a whiny voice, and he went upstairs. "Peter! Get your creepy ass downstairs!" He called, and he heared Peter call from the bathroom. He wondered what Peter was doing there. Probably making poison or something. He walked into the bathroom and let out a not-so-manly shriek at the sight of a naked Peter lounging in their bath. He quickly covered his eyes."What the hell do you think you're doing?! You couldn't just warn me or something?!" He yelled, and even though he couldn't see the guy he knew Peter was smirking. "Well you could've just knocked" Peter said in an innocent voice, and Stiles gritted his teeth. "This is my house in case you hadn't noticed! Just get downstairs" he said, very annoyed at Peter. "Okay" he replied, and Stiles heared water splashing. "Wait! Get dressed first you creep!" He yelled while he, still covering his eyes, walked out of the bathroom backwards before slamming the door shut. "Derek! After this meeting your uncle is OUT! I don't care if we need him for anything. Just meet up with him in whatever sewer he's living in at the moment!" Stiles yelled while running down the stairs and walking into the living room where the rest of the pack was already waiting, still with a little bit of a shocked and angry look on his face. "What did he do?" Derek sighed, and Stiles just shook his head, ignoring all the giggles from the pups. Derek sighed again when Peter walked through the door with an annoying smirk on his face. "What did you do?" He asked tiredly, and Peters smirk got wider. "Nothing dear nephew. I have to say your mate's a little modest though" he said, and he chuckled at his own joke. "Please Peter. This is no time fir your stupid jokes" Derek said in an authoritative voice, and Peter rolled his eyes. "Always so serious. If this isn't a time for jokes, then what is?" "Not now" Derek growled, and Peter put his hands up in surrender. Derek ignored him and turned to face the pups. "We need to make a plan. In two days, on the next full moon Deucalion wants to meet us at the abandoned factory. All of us. Which will be a problem for the obvious reasons" He said while looking at Boyd, Erica and Jackson, who still had trouble controlling themselves on the full moon. "So do you have a plan?" Stiles interrupted Dereks thoughts, and Derek nodded. "I do. Look, this is how it's gonna go..."

They spent the next two days planning everything out into perfection, and Stiles had never seen the pups train this hard. He also never had to buy this much ice cream for when they had a booboo, but aside from that everything went great. The night before the actual day of the plan was a rough one though. Everyone was fidgety and nervous, even Peter was more annoying than normal. Jackson, Aiden and Isaac just got terribly clingy which annoyed Stiles to death because he went into a raging cleaning mood and cleaning was quite difficult with three full-grown pups hanging from your sides. It was now nine pm and he hadn't been able to do anything all day which was quite frustrating. "Guys, please! I just want to make your beds, okay?" He said, and all three of them nodded. "We'll help!" Isaac exclaimed quickly, and Jackson and Aiden nodded eaven more enthousiastically, and Stiles sighed. "Sweeties, please. I love you, and I know you're nervous, but I just need to clean a few things, okay? Go watch some tv and I'll be back before you know it" he said, and they nodded dissapointedly. "Okay mom" Aiden said before they all walked away after Stiles had ruffled their hair a bit. He sighed in relief before he finally went upstairs and Started on his and Dereks bed, because he knew that would probably be the place everyone'd be sleeping that night. When he was halfway done though (it's a pack bed, takes a little longer than your avarage queen sized bed since it's made for about 12 ppl), Isaac, Jackson and Aiden were knocking at the door. "Mom? We know you're busy but.. We just want to cuddle" Isaac asked timidly. Stiles sighed and realised he wasn't going to get anything done today anyway so he might as well comfort his pups. He smiled at them and opened his arms. "Come here than you guys!" That was all he had to say before being tackled by two muscled eighteen year and one seventeen year olds. They nuzzled into his neck and let out happy noises which made Stiles chuckle. After a while the pups were starting to get a little drowsy though, but right before they could drift off Scott ran through the door with a slightly panicked look on his face. "Peter provoked Deucalion. They're coming right now"

Sooo... late today but still! Did you like it? I don't think there are many chapters of this story left... Well, thanks again for the 10K, and please comment and vote!

xoxo,

Robance