[2] Investigate.

Chapter 2 — Investigate.

“So what happens with the girl?” Harry asked turning to the women cop who was about to help the—still lost and quivering—sister from the edge of the ambulance, as he pulled his hands into his pockets. She was taking the girl to her car, and he followed both of them, being curious.

“She will be safe.” The women replied, opening the door so she could get in. “She’ll be brought back to Australia as soon as we find the kidnapper, and the victim.”

Harry nodded and watched as the cop left her in the car, covered in blankets. This felt like a deja vu, and it was kinda weird. “Dr. Watson, I need you on my investigation.” A soft and familiar voice called. Harry turned his head to look behind him, to see the man in the coat again. “A doctor is needed on this, and since you are willing to volunteer-”

“I never said I’d—”

“Thankyou Dr. Watson,” The man turned around to walk away. “I really appreciate it.”

What just happened, Harry thought. Well atleast he asked for it, it’s even better than sitting on a chair all day and staring at his journal, wasting time on not knowing what to write. “Wait!” He waved his hand around and ran to the man to catch up. “Uhm, sir I just wanted to tell you, before we do this, that—”

“Sher!” Someone shouted out of the distance. The man didn’t turn around and kept walking, but Harry did and looked around to see a young man running next to his side. “Sherlock, I’ve been calling you like twenty times. Felicia has been worrying about-”

“She doesn’t need to worry about me, I am fine Kevin.”  ‘Sherlock’ replied, “I have been bored all week, do you realize I haven’t done anything but sitting in her pink sofa while watching TV while drinking coffee—now who does that?” He said like it was a real big deal. Harry narrowed his eyebrows and looked down at the ground, watching their feet walk in sync next to each other.

“Well, I do.” The curly haired lad said, making Kevin and ‘Sherlock’ stop and turn to him. “My whole life I’ve been sitting into a chair, on a sofa, on my bed thinking about something to write into a freaking journal. My life fails more than yours, and if it was for you I’m sure you’d be in the same position as I am in everyday.” He finished his sentence in a harsh tone, sending the young man next to ‘Sherlock’ to jump a little.

“I am not like you, Doctor.” Those blue eyes burned into his green one’s, “In fact, I am completely different. I solve cases twenty-four seven, well...actually I am supposed to solve them twenty-four seven but since this whole town has begun to be so boring these days...”

They started walking again, and ‘Sherlock’ waved his arm in the air to make a Taxi stop. “You mean you are waiting for people to die and then solve the cases?” Harry asked as a cab decided to stop in front of them, and Sherlock entered as first.

“Not exactly ‘die’ , Doctor. I don't use that word.”

“Then what do you use?” Harry kept asking questions. He couldn't help, but he slightly began to think that god decided to make this day the best one. For once, he got something to do. He has been waiting for ages for this to ever happen.

“I would just say that I am waiting for something to happen.” ‘Sherlock’ shrugged his shoulders like it was no big deal. There was one thing that Harry didn’t understand though, this man was full of cold, like he didn't care what happened to the victims who could be dead for god knows what reasons. As long as he ruled this town, nothing will be in danger. It looked strange.

“Has anyone ever mentioned how weird you are...?” Harry asked shamelessly, turning to the man who was leaning against the door, thinking about something.