melancholy.

M E L A N C H O L Y

There is not enough oxygen left in these lungs for your name to stutter by

A pause between my lip and tongue, you do not roll off so easily.

          This melancholy drips from my fingertips so slowly, you begin to forget I even exist. All of me, the hard parts of flesh you could never seem to love, drips down the drain. I am waiting for the day for your fingers to unscrew the pipes, dig through debris and mess, scrape your heart against the rust, just to find me, so we can go through it all over again.

          Here, in the pages I find myself, in the ink that writes against my flesh, I will whisper the sadness, the heartache, and the decaying for all of the unspoken. 

          Melancholia or Melancholy is described as a feeling of pensive sadness, typically with no obvious cause. It feeds on self-reflection in such a low state, reflecting lower and lower on itself until you cannot see anything other than sadness. The depression of spirits. A gloomy state of mind that often lays stagnant. A condition categorized by markedly depressed moods. Bittersweet memories.

We will all find our truth within this ink.
Where the pen bleeds more than our veins ever will.

warning:
𒐁 This collection may mention potentially triggering subjects ( e.g. suicide, mental illness, self-harm, loss of a loved one), heartache, low self-esteem, & explicit phrases.

𒐁 In no way am I romanticizing these topics. Please practice self-care while reading. My messages are always open!

reminder:
𒐁 Melancholy is a poetry collection that unleashes the sadness, the heartache, & the decaying of one soul as they learn to love themselves. It's a very personal collection that follows an individual through the hard parts of life as they find themselves again. It's a book that will hopefully reach those who seek to find comfort in each poem.