Who Was This Steven?

"I wonder what he's doing here?" Nessie made her way out the door, but I was quick to follow her. Who was this Steven? I wanted to know myself why he felt a personal visit was necessary. I was going to find out soon enough. His face broke a smile the moment he saw my wife. Of course he had to have perfect teeth, and his well-groomed suit had to be personally tailored. Steven was evidently made of money, and he had no problem displaying it in his outfit or with his expensive car.

"Steven? What are you doing here?"

"Renesmee. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude, but I wanted to make sure you arrived home safely. I would have called, but I realized I never took down your number."

Before I let them continue on with their conversation, I brought myself in between them and thrust my hand forward.

"You must be Steven. I'm Nessie's husband, Jacob."

He seemed taken aback but extended his hand to shake mine. We both exchanged a firm grip with neither one wanting to release first.

"Nessie? I'm sorry?" He was perplexed with the name, and I didn't care.

Nessie looked over at me and smiled, "It's a nickname that was given to me by Jacob. He's the only one that calls me Nessie. It's special to me."

"Oh, I'm sure it is special. Sorry for questioning it, it seemed to be a derivative from the Loch Ness, so I was trying to see the relation between a mysterious sea creature and yourself. But you are mysterious, Renesmee."

So he was playing an open flirtatious game in front of me? Steven didn't know who he was getting himself involved with. I strategically wrapped my arms around her waist and tipped her chin with my finger turned her to face me.

"There's no mystery here, Steven. She's the night to my day, the mother of my child, and the owner of my soul." I leaned down and planted a soft kiss on her lips. She blushed a fiery red, and I was glad she displayed it.

Steven cleared his throat to break our attention. "Well, clearly, you made it home safely to your husband. I guess my duty is done here. I have an appointment with my realtor shortly, so I'll be on my way."

Goodbye Mr. Steven. And when I thought the conversation was going to end, Nessie had to pull out more questions.

"A realtor? Are you looking already to purchase a home here?"

"Actually, I'm looking to purchase the Forks Airport. I pilot as a hobby and have a passion for it, and thought it would be a good investment. I'm hoping to renovate it and allow more visitors to tour this hidden area of the Pacific Northwest."

Great, Mr. GQ's resume was getting more extensive by the minute. If he thought Nessie was impressed, he had to rethink again. She was never into luxury items even though she was surrounded by it growing up.

"Steven, I'm impressed! A pilot, an investor and someone handy with cars! It seems you're the mysterious one here."

What the hell? She was impressed? My assumptions were way off. I felt my temperature rising, and I had to calm it down quick.

"No mystery behind this man, Renesmee. Just a simple kind of man, trying to be something I love and understand."

The more he spoke, the tighter I held onto Nessie. She seemed interested in his conversation a little too much for my liking.

"Steven! Are you quoting Lynyrd Skynryd? How are you still single?" She tilted her head in a cute bouncy motion. I wanted to straighten her head, so she could focus on what his true intentions were.

But what bothered me more was her last sentence. "How do you know Steven is single, Nessie?"

She turned to look at me with her innocent eyes. "When I invited him, I told him it was fine if he brought someone else with him, but he said he had no one in his life. So my assumption is he's single." She turned to confirm with Steven. "Unless, I assumed wrong, Steven, and if so, I'm sorry for insinuating."

"Please, Renesmee. It doesn't bother me, and your assumption was right. I am single. Unfortunately, once I completed grad school, I've done nothing but run my business which has taken me away from the bachelor lifestyle. Don't worry though; I enjoy my personal time with all the hobbies and travelling during my free time."

Well, this conversation was getting further from running its course to the end.

"Speaking of free time, Steven, don't let us keep you here longer. I'm sure there is a lot to discuss with your realtor about Forks Airport."

He realized it was his cue to leave as I stretched my hand forward. Again, it was another tight grip between us and we both stared hard at each other. He needed to know there was no sense in competing for my wife or else it wasn't going to end well for him.

Nessie was about to step forward to give him a hug, but I pulled her in tighter against me. She forced a smile and said her goodbye to him. As he got into his car, he stood up for a moment, "It was a pleasure seeing you, Renesmee, and meeting you, Jacob. I guess I'll see you both tomorrow evening for the birthday event?"

Shit. Why did she have to invite him?

I pulled her around to face me. Her hair laid messy around her face, as if each strand was meant to fall accordingly. She raised her brow and slightly opened her mouth. Damn, she looked sensual, and didn't even realize it.

"Jacob Black, don't think I didn't know what you were doing. You might as well have pissed on me to mark your territory."

Oh, she's cursing. She only curses when she's upset.

"Look, this guy is up to no good. I don't know how you don't see it, but it's clear he has no respect for me while he preys around you like some fresh meat to claim! I'm not going to allow him to sweep my wife out of my arms."

"Jacob. I'm not going anywhere. Remember, I own your soul now so quit this jealous rage of yours. You have nothing to worry about. We've fought too hard to be together and to let a simple human being come in between us is . . . well it would be tragic."

She pulled me in closer to her face and placed her tiny hands against it. She stared me straight into my eyes and somehow hypnotized my feelings to be numb. She was right. She owned my soul, and I felt out of control around her. Her soft whisper calmed my hurt alter ego. "My Jacob, please, que quowle."

Her passionate kiss made me forget about Steven, and all my jealous temper dissolved into thin air.

*******(Don't forget to follow me on YouTube and Instagram at nightanddaytwilight for the videos and images of the characters)*******