Chapter Five

Whilst I adored Fleur's wedding dress in the movie and what they did with it, I hated the bridesmaid dress they made for Ginny and Gabrielle. In the book it was gold, and in the movie it was a black and grey outfit that I personally didn't like. So I've decided to stick with the book version, since it's given me a little more room for description.

The picture of the dress I decided on is at the side; it's a gorgeous Monique Lhuillier gown that I utterly adore. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the morning of the wedding, I was awoken early by Ginny and Hermione, who found it funny to rip my curtains open and throw my blankets to the floor. 

"Time to get up!" Hermione chirped as she flicked her wand, enchanting my blankets to neatly fold themselves and fly to the other side of the room, where I couldn't reach them. I groaned loudly - even snarling a little - but neither Ginny nor Hermione were deterred. 

I was pulled out of bed and pushed into the bathroom, instructed to take a shower and then meet downstairs in Fleur and Ginny's room where the preparations were beginning. Rubbing my eyes reflexively as I yawned, I did as I was told, deciding that the day would pass a lot quicker if I didn't complain through it.

After my shower I trudged downstairs to Ginny's bedroom; unwilling sacrificed as shared with Fleur and the central hub for the bridal party's preparations. Already I found Gabrielle, Fleur and their mother sitting on chairs and sipping at cups of tea, chatting excitedly about the days events. Ginny lounged on her bed and flicked through a magazine of Fleur's, trying to understand the French. I quirked my eyebrow at her and she rolled her eyes, her own hair wet from being freshly washed.

"Juliet!" Madame Delacour trilled, standing up and kissing my cheek gently in her very French way. "Good morning Madame Delacour," I replied to her, forcing a smile for the mother of the bride. Madame Delacour tutted and rolled her crystal blue eyes; despite being over 40 she was still remarkably beautiful with long blonde hair and a perfect smile, indubitably because she was half-Veela. "Please Juliet, call me Apolline! Come, now we can start getting ready!"

The morning was spent preparing for the wedding and pampering Fleur, ensuring that she looked her absolute best for Bill. Mum popped in on a few occasions, her eyes welling up as she saw how beautiful Fleur, Gabrielle and Ginny looked in their gowns. She even spared a small smile for me as she deposited the large tray of pastries and tea she had brought up for us to eat. Fleur thanked her profusely but insisted that she was too nervous to eat a thing. That hardly stopped Ginny and Gabrielle however, who tucked into the breakfast and ensured that there was no food left on the tray when Mum returned half an hour later.

As Fleur was obviously the centre of attention for the day, it was Ginny, Gabrielle and my job to ensure that she had everything she needed to be the stunning bride everyone expected. Around ten o'clock, one of Fleur's cousins arrived with a trunk full of make-up and styling products and set to work on the bride, curling her hair with an enchantment and intricately braiding the sides before pinning them back. A loan from my Aunt Muriel, Melanee placed the borrowed tiara on top of Fleur's head and clapped her hands in delight. The pair of them babbled in rapid French as she proceeded to start on Fleur's make-up; they spoke so quick that I couldn't understand a word they were saying even with the little French Sophia had taught me over the years.

The cousin - whose name was finally revealed to be Melanee - recruited me to prepare the dress since Ginny and Gabrielle couldn't do magic and she, Fleur and Apolline were all busy. I obliged without complaint, heading towards Ginny's wardrobe which had been cleared of all her clothes to make room for the gigantic white and black wedding dress. I pulled my wand from my pocket and flicked it at the doors, which opened quickly and allowed the gown to float out. After muttering a few enchantments under my breath, the dress floated in the corner as if being worn by an invisible human, waiting patiently for Fleur to call it.