" Chapter 12 ~ "

sorry uncle it would have been sooner but so much has been going on over here, and I really forgot then it hit me yesterday about it, and me and sam looked all day for it in the house. and then I didn't know how to tell you because I didn't want you to get mad and say, Y'all kids are so careless these days and lose everything.

know child I know what you been gone though I do as he laughed what now uncle he said well your papa new you very well so he made more than one for you I laugh, yeah about right. huh me and losing things.

look at this way he was always on top of it like you are now and I very proud of you. aww, thank you, uncle, that means a lot to me right now and uncle what child its sam she feels like a loser maybe you should tell her something nice stuff so she can have faith in herself on what she do.

please don't get mad at me saying but I feel it's the truth she is good at what she does she just needs a little in encouragement in what she does please don't get mad at me just had to say. I know child I'm not mad you and you are right and I will do the best I can thanks, uncle love you to death. "I know you do and the same to you."I laughed a man with only a few short words.

aww, shut up as he laughed be happy what you get oh I do uncle I do hey sam has been gone for a while now at the shed getting that bleach. wait here come on sons let's go see where is your sister is at sam where are you child right here papa I can't find that bleach. there are so many darn jugs in here he laughed.

come, child, I will show you, ok your uncle always had a lot of stuff in here his saying was it is always good to have it when you need it then when you need it and don't have it. papa that's funny because Carla said the same thing to me. he laughed yup the same chip off the old block, papa are we like that yes my baby girl in every way. aww, papa that makes me so happy.

that you feel the same way about me baby girl why would I feel in any other way you are my baby and I love you with all I got and never think in any other way that I don't. you hear me yes papa and I also love you so much look here is the bleach let go get that mess clean up before it gets late. ok papa as they walk around the house.

Carla was sitting there what's wrong child. oh, nothing uncle I was just thinking. and about? papa that's, all on how much I miss him, uncle do you have that letter on you .if so may I have it. yes, child come and get it thank you uncle anytime, child, can Y'all excuse me please for a little. because right now this can't wait I got to read this, take your time child we will take care of this, it is not much left anyway." thank you.

I walked into the house and sat down on the couch with my hands shaken some, wondering what will be in this letter my papa left for me. well, I open the letter and the first thing I, have seen was, to my beautiful daughter my little princess, I started to cry oh papa how I wish I got to see you just one more time. but I didn't know how sick you were.

so I began to read the letter. Carla my sweet sweet child there are so many things I need to tell you and don't know where to start. first of all please don't be angry with me for what I'm about to tell you. please as I sat back deeper on the couch with worry, what would my papa did that would make me angry with him. and child I know your temper so don't be angry with your uncle bow either, it was not him it was me,

and he was following my wishes ok. ok, now I'm starting to get upset what is this letter is really about and what was being kept away from me for so long. I guess the easy way to do this is just to start. remember when your maw got sick when you were younger, well there is a legend out here that was passed down from generations. that we had to always obey the rules because this was their land, not ours.

and to keep the peace between them and us we give it an offering every month ok now I'm really starting to freak out. child, I know what is going through your mind right now it is not what you think, how in the hell he knows what I think shit. it's an offering of food that we hang it way back of the house, it can be a wild boar are a doe are a buck it's whatever we get.

well, one late evening your maw was out picking up clothes from the line, in the back of the house. and I heard a scream and I went out with my gun as fast as I can. she was there laying on the ground crying in pain, I looked at her back, she had 3 claw marks on it, and I started to cry its was my fault, I forgot to put out the meat for them that month.

them how many are their shit. and why only tell me now and not a long time ago I was starting to get angry but really more upset about not knowing what was going on this letter is really upsetting. papa why not tell me sooner so I would have known. well I hurry up and got your maw inside laid her in bed on her belly so I can take care of her back, 

as I was taken care of her I told her how sorry I was and how stupid of me to forget to put out the meat, that night she said it was not my fault at all because she has forgotten also, but I am the man of the house and should never have forgotten a thing like that because my family's lives depend on it. and started to think it was giving me a warning this time because.

he could have taken her away from me. but in reality, it did the claw marks just got worse and she was getting sicker every day and the infection just took over her because those days we just did have the right medicine. and a week later that's when your maw has passed,

that when I was angry and said no more, that when I sent you away to college to get away from here. because I didn't want anything to happen to you. the same way so I started to not feed it with offering because I was so mad I lost my wife and sent my child away, now I'm all alone right now and then one day your uncle bow came to me and ask "what are you doing"I said I just didn't care anymore I told him.

and he said to me are you crazy you know what those things can do and you have a child to worry about don't give up on her what will she do if she loses you also,