One

Deanna's POV:

Crap. This hunt was not going well at all. Stupid vamps.

I swing my machete through another vamps neck and it falls to the ground, body hitting the hardwood floor with a loud thud. Two more of them come flying at me, and I take off their heads in one deadly swipe.

"There was only supposed to be five of you guys..." I mumble as I take of another ones head. "Not twelve." Not like I can't handle it, with the Marks strength and all, I just wasn't expecting it. Two of them charge at me from both sides. Ducking down, I let them bash heads together before taking a swipe and letting their heads roll over my feet.

Loud footsteps approach behind me, and I swing around, pulling myself onto the back of the vamp, before pressing my blade to their neck and slowly cutting through. Oh how I enjoy this. Sam tells me that its just the mark messing with my head, but damn. This seriously feels good.

The screams of the vamp that I'm riding are cut off short when I hear another behind me, so I pull the blade through his neck fully.

I groan. "Make that thirteen. That all you guys got?" I say sarcastically, but he ignores my question and bares his fangs. "Not much of a talker are we?" I say as I jump a few feet into the air, letting him barrel by me into a wall. Grabbing his hair, I yank his head closer to my blade and take it off in one clean movement.

"Oh my that felt good!" I exclaimed happily, stretching my back and arms, not caring that the mark was glowing through my many layers of clothing. It always did that when I got a bunch of kills.

I glance down at my ruined clothing, grumbling when I see the fact that my favorite leather jacket was ripped beyond repair. "C'mon, way to ruin my mood." Glancing up, I realize something that I should have seen earlier. A camera.

"Crap." I just hope the recordings are stored somewhere in the house and not sent straight to the police. I try desperately to wipe the blood off my jacket, but only succeed in smearing it and ripping the jacket even further. "Dammit." I mumble as I pull my gun out of the pocket on the inside of my second jacket and shoot the camera out.

I begin my search for the footage storage around the old creaky house, hoping that its actually stored here, but after twenty minutes of searching, I decide there's no such luck. There bust be some really panicked police officers on their way over right now, so I better get moving.

I wipe my machete on the leg of my jeans and run out the door and onto the cracking driveway. A beautiful sight comes to me as soon as I step outside. My baby. The 67 Chevy Impala that I got from my dad.

I quickly throw open the hatch and throw in my blade, but I keep my gun on me just in case. Throwing open the drivers seat door, I sit down on the leather and stick the key in the ignition just as I start to hear police sirens farther down the road. I need to move fast.

Theres only one road away from this stupid old shack, the one that the police are on, and there is no way I'm taking baby offroading for this. So I guess I have one option. Hide baby and wait till they leave. Sounds like a plan.

I slowly drive her behind a few bushes and hop out as to cover her up and keep her out of view. As soon as I am satisfied with Baby's hiding spot, I go to make my own spot to hide. I get myself sufficiently hidden just in time to see three police cars round the corner onto the street I'm on, but somethings wrong.