Planning and Breaking (Chapter 6)

'Beep, Beep, Beep!'

Groaning loudly, I shifted over on the hard spring mattress and slammed my fist down on my very obnoxious and old alarm clock, shutting it up.

A small sigh left my parted lips as I laid uncomfortably. 'Today's the day with Zayn.' I thought as I looked up at the blank white ceiling of my suffocating room.

'If I'm lucky, maybe he'll just forget and not come.' I could hear my thoughts utter as I lazily ripped off the tattered blanket from my body and rose to my feet.

I remember when I was leaving the park yesterday to head home, he found me and told me he'd pick me up at noon, before strutting off.  Glancing down at the clock, I saw it was already 11:35.

Brushing off the fact I'd have 25 minutes to get ready, I dragged myself to the bathroom, only to flinch slightly as a pain shot through my leg.

Lifting up my tattered sweatpants, I saw a long, jagged cut running down my leg, dried blood smothering the wound. 'Shit. I hope this doesn't need stitches.'  Gently prodding the wound, I hissed at how much it hurt.

Taking my lower lip between my teeth, I carefully walked into the bathroom and slid down to the floor, my wounded leg laying straight out. My hands reached under the sink and grabbed the first aid kit, and a washcloth. With furrowed brows, I lifted my pant leg again and took the torturous brown bottled liquid of the alcoholic peroxide and placed it next to me. I took my time to wash the dried dark crimson blood off my leg, reviling the jagged open wound that was placed into my leg the previous night.

With shaky hands, I placed the blood stained clothe down and lifted the peroxide bottle above the wound, cap undone, and hesitantly tilted it, letting the clear liquid fall from the bottle, onto the open wound. Pain shot throughout the entire limb, causing me to let out a whimper in pain and ball my left hand into a fist, as I continued to pour the liquid onto the wound.

A sizzling sound could be made out from the alcohol killing all the bacteria, as I felt my eyes water from the stinging sensation it was providing. Memories of the previous night flooded into my mind as I continued to  clean out and fix the wound, so I hopefully wouldn't have to go to the hospital for stitches.

I had been about to leave the park, when I felt a hand catch my wrist, stopping me from moving forward.

Spinning around, my eyes looked upward until they met a pair of golden brown eyes that I had been talking to merely hours ago.

"Before you leave, just wanted to mention that our date is tomorrow, and I'll be picking you up at noon, to you better be ready." his slightly scratchy voice spoke out smoothly, as he tried to flash me a charming smile.

I scoffed at that and rolled my eyes, ripping my wrist from his grasp, and putting it behind my back, ignoring the pain that was shooting through the slashes and scares that were left there.

"Whatever, but it's not a date." I retorted, my voice firm so he'd know I was serious.

A chuckle passed his lips as his eyes twinkled with amusement at my blunt rejection to his comment. "Whatever you say, love. Now what's your address so I know where to pick you up?" he asked as he pulled out his phone from his back pocket.

I felt myself stiffen at the mention of him picking me up at my house. "U-Um, you have to pick me up at the corner of Johnson and Central. My-er- dad is very over protective about me hanging out with boys- so- erm- picking me up there would be best." I lied, my eyes shooting to the ground as I spoke. You'd think after lying for so often I'd be good at it, but there are still so many tells if I'm lying and it makes things even harder for me.