Chapter 12

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Mar'i asked warily, glancing down at her makeshift superhero attire.

  She was clad in the Tamaranean clothing she arrived to Earth in and a spare mask, provided by Damian.

"Of course!" Colin assured her. "Your dad's on patrol in Blüdhaven and he thinks you're helping us with a project. He doesn't suspect a thing."

"And Father is already out patrolling," Damian added. "Our patrol routes are nowhere near his, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about."

Mar'i sighed. "If you say so. Where are we headed, again?"

"The docks," Damian responded. "Allegedly, some of Black Mask's men are negotiating a drug deal. We're going to find out if that's true."

Colin nodded curtly. "Let's go, then."
He and Damian made their way over to Damian's motorbike and the two hopped on.

  "Mar'i, you'll fly behind us," Damian instructed her and she nodded.

Damian revved the motor once before he and Colin rode out of the Batcave. Mar'i drew in a deep breath and proceed to fly after them.

******

The three arrived at the docks of Gotham's port, silently watching in the shadows.

A few people passed by here and there, presumably workers. Nothing suspicious yet.

"I thought you said they were going to be here tonight," Colin whispered.

"They should be," Damian responded. "Just a little longer and—"

"Look!" Mar'i interrupted.

A black car drove up and parked near the docks. Two men emerged and looked around.

"Is that them?" Mar'i asked, quietly.

Damian nodded. "Yes. I recognize the one, he's one of Black Mask's top men."

A few moments later, a small boat pulled up to the dock. Three men got off and approached Black Mask's henchmen.

"Let's listen, then when I signal we'll intervene," Damian said to Colin.

  "What about me?" Mar'i asked.

"You'll stay back for a moment," he instructed her, adjusting his Robin gloves. "Then we'll have you come out when they least expect it."

The three teenagers listened closely to the men's conversation.

  "You got the Dust?" Black Mask's henchmen asked.

   "Yeah, it's on the ship. But you gotta show us the cash first," the leader of the three said, folding his arms.

The leading henchmen nodded at his accomplice, who promptly held up a briefcase and opened it. Rows of cash were displayed inside.

"It's all there," Black Mask's man told the other leader, before he could ask.

Damian nodded at Colin. It was time to intervene.

Damian threw a Batarang at a nearby street lamp, surprising all the men.

"Is the Bat here?" One of the shipmen looked around.

"Guess again," Damian spoke. He and Colin emerged from the shadows.

"You know, the last time we checked, smuggling and selling drugs was illegal," Colin said.

"It's the Bat Brat and his friend," Black Mask's leading henchman scowled. "Get them."

All the men charged toward the teenage vigilantes.

  Damian smirked and quickly whipped out his bo staff, while Colin clanged his brass knuckles together, turning into Abuse.

Three of the five ran to fight Abuse and the other two headed towards Robin.

    Abuse picked up two of them and knocked their heads together, knocking them out. The third man threw a punch at Abuse's side, but because of the behemoth's size and strength, not much damage was done. Punches were thrown and dodged.

  Meanwhile, Robin was artfully dodging attacks and striking the henchmen with his bo staff, or with a fist. He spun his staff to the side, each end striking a man in the face, knocking both down.

Mar'i winced slightly from her hiding position when she noticed blood coming from one's nose. Damian must have broken it.

Abuse was taking down his last opponent and Robin joined in to help.

  Mar'i was beginning to wonder if they even needed her help.

Her thoughts were interrupted as she noticed Black Mask's leading henchman rise again, taking out a gun from inside his jacket. He raised it at Robin and Abuse without their knowing, and Mar'i's eyes widened in horror.

  On instinct, she flew from her hiding spot and shot a powerful starbolt from her hands, striking the man in the chest.

Noticing the sudden burst of purple light, Abuse, Robin, and the man they were fighting turned their heads just in time to see the armed man fall down, unconscious.

  "It's a Meta!" Exclaimed the henchman in Abuse's grasp.

Everybody was in awe, including Mar'i herself. Her starbolts had never knocked anyone unconscious before. She didn't know her starbolts could be that powerful.

While Abuse and Robin were distracted, the remaining henchmen wriggled himself free and drew a gun of his own.

  Before the teenagers could react, something flew down from the air and caught itself in the henchman's shoulder. He yelled out in pain, causing him to drop his gun. The object imbedded in his shoulder was a batarang.

  Suddenly, a caped figure using a zip line came barreling down, kicking the man right in the jaw, knocking him down.

Mar'i feared the worst. It had to be Batman. He had caught them and they'd all be in trouble. And worse, he'd tell her father.

The figure stood up, revealing a purple bat symbol on their chest and long blonde locks flowing from underneath their bat cowl.

      "Well, now that he's taken care of, aren't there some introductions in order, Li'l D?" Batgirl smirked, resting her hand on her hip.

Yep, that just happened. Surprise 😆 Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and that it wasn't as long of a wait for an update this time!
Also! I added a picture of what Colin looks like when he's Abuse, in case anyone was curious. It's kinda hard for me to describe, so now you know!