Chapter 13: Jason Masahiro

Rein's POV
"Why wasn't I informed?" McGary asked, breaking the silence. McGary, Aaron, and I were all sitting around a large table in one of the conference rooms. I could feel the tension through as Aaron collected his thoughts.

"It wasn't of your concern-" he started, but McGary cut him off.

"It was every part my concern! Her brother is a member of the Black Lotus. He just murdered someone." McGary hissed. I could see the veins in Aaron's neck begin to pulsate from anger. I don't think he could recall the last time anyone had cut him off off. McGary saw it too as realization settled in. "Director, I-"

"Save it." Director replied, his voice cold and slightly frightening. I'd only seen him like this on a number of occasional and I knew it wasn't entirely McGary's fault. The case must have been getting to him. "Our one and only mission is to find this group of people. We will not, I repeat, will fucking not pursue the Black Lotus for any reason. Contrary to popular belief, I kinda sorta want you both to live.

"Now as for that body, we will identify her and try and find her partners. Her murder will not be a case we will take on solely due to the fact that that case will never get solved. They won't find any evidence or DNA at the crime scene besides the murder weapon which will be so incredibly originally crafted, that that, too, will just sit in evidence lock up. A few months later, that weapon will then suspiciously go missing. Every case is the same. Every case has been the same." Aaron explained.

It was true.

It was all true.

Many people didn't believe in the Black Lotus because they hadn't had any reason to. They were notoriously known for their clean crime scenes. Usually nothing more than a few deaths, and always low profile.
There is no such thing as a perfect crime, right?

Well there is if you have unlimited recourses and all your men don't exist in the system. Certain... precautions are taken to assure there is no DNA left at the scene regardless.

Most of the people they targeted were a job. People with large sums of money who knew how to contact them which was much easier said than done. Those kills were always the cleanest because they couldn't be traced back to either the contractor or the Black Lotus.

Kills that were personal were a little different.

The crime scene was still impeccably clean, but it had Black Lotus written all over it. On the targets body, they usually left and origami Black Lotus flower on the dead body, insuring that this crime would be tied directly to them.

This was the only evidence that was left at the scene, besides the murder weapon.

As for the tattoo... a few years back, before I entered witness protection, there was a man that was found. His body floated up a river in late September. When he was brought to the lab, the DNA under his fingernails matched an unsolved murder case of a Japanese woman in Kyoto. There was quite a few tattoos on his body, but the most prominent one, was a Black Lotus flower. It caught the examiners eye because the ink was so different and strong.

Fast forward a few days later, the body, the morgue, and all it's files went up in flames. Suspicion grew, but the had nothing to work with. Her DNA was on his fingertips, not the other way around. All the evidence was botched and destroyed after the fire.

"The writing on the wall: Choose A Side, what did that mean? If it was written by your brother, does that mean he wants you to join the Black Lotus?" McGary asked, as he turned to me. My eyes flickered to Aaron and he gave me a slight head shake.

"It means us as a team needs to choose a side," I lied, "We must decide whether we want to allow the Black Lotus to do what they need to do, or declare war."

"So killing that woman was not only a declaration of their advances to take down this team of copycats, but also a warning that they have the means to take us down as well... and they will if it comes to that." Aaron explained.

McGary nodded silently.

"But none of that matters right now because we gotta talk about our next move: the black market." Aaron continued.

"I've set up a contact with a man that should be able to help us." I replied. "He should be arriving at any moment."

"Who is he?" McGary asked.

"He's one of the few people I worked with before witness protection. He was... assigned to watch over me. Protect me." I explained. "His name is Jason. Jason Masahiro. Everyone just calls him-" I started, but before I could finish, the conference door was busted open.

In walked a instantly recognizable face as this dark skinned beauty made it through the door. Our eyes connected immediately.

"So the baddest bitch is back in town, and a brother don't get no phone call in this bitch until now? You've got me fucked up, Rein." The man spoke, shaking his head disappointingly before a grin broke out on both our faces. I sprung up from my seat and rushed into his arms. "How's it going, baby girl?" He asked, hugging me tighter before loosening up his grip.

I pulled away to face him, before turning towards Aaron and McGary who both looked confused. "This is Jason Masahiro." I introduced.

"Everyone calls me Mushu." He added, giving them all one of his signature grins.

---------------------------
Kid Fury as Mushu! (BTFW IF Y'ALL ARENT LISTENING TO THE READ ON SOUNDCLOUD OR SPOTIFY OR WHATEVER THE FUCK, WHAT THE ABSOLUTE HELL ARE YOU DOING. THAT PODCAST IS SO FUCKIN FUNNY, AND THE TEA. THE FUCKING TEA 🐸☕️ THATS ALL IM SAYING.)

)