Chapter 2

My eyes open gently and lazily as I wake up. I can hear light footsteps coming closer to my door.

Thump, thump, thump.

The door opens, and my mom is there. Her caramel-brown hair lies right above her shoulders. She’s wearing her job clothing. She currently works at Palmo’s Hospital, which is very near my school. Her medical suit is a minty green color, and her shoes are white.

“Well, Gwinn! What are you waiting for? Get dressed, there is school today! The clock is ticking!” she complained.

I groaned. School. Ugh. I don’t feel like going today. I don’t feel like going any day. A thought raced through my mind seconds later. Today is Monday...I have band today!   

“Brilliant!” I shouted. My mom flashed me a perplexed look, as if I were an alien from another galaxy. She closes the door and leaves the room. I hear her faint footsteps dieing out every second until I can’t hear them anymore. I sprint to my closet, and change into my uniform as quick as light. When I finish putting on my uniform, I grab my shoes and put them on in less than 13 seconds.

I hear my Mom yell, “Gwinn! Breakfast is ready!”

“Okay! I’ll be there in a minute!” I yell back.

I open the door, and go down the stairs rapidly, as if I were in a race. On the table, there are 3 plates. Each one has light brown pancakes on them, sizzling bacon, delicious-looking eggs, and potatoes. There are also 3 water bottles filled to the top. I go straight for one of the plates, and start digging in. I go straight toward the pancakes. They taste so delicious! I thought. They really did, actually. After finishing the mouth-watering pancakes, I devour the blazing bacon. My stomach is in pure heaven right now. Everything tastes remarkably delish delightful. Next, I eat the eggs, and the flavorful potatoes. I take a sip of the chilly water. I am now full, and ready to go to school. Oh no, wait. Not school. I’m ready to go to band class.

“Ready to go?” my mom asked me curiously.

“Beyond ready.” I reply, while smirking a bit.

I grab my fuschia colored backpack (which is like the weight of an elephant, because I have numerous classes today) and I grab my emerald green clarinet case. I go to the living room, and open the front door, and head outside. The temperature today is quite fresh. The breeze is surprisingly extremely accommodating. My mom comes outside, and leads me toward her car. The car is a light sunset orange, and it is quite massive for its size. I open one of the doors, and sit down. I reach for the seatbelt and put it on, while my mom does the same.

The car starts, and we are on the road. Before you know it, Rory Parker Middle School is right in front of me. The butterflies in my stomach increase. They are fluttering like crazy.

“Gwinn, are you okay? You look like you're ill!” she asks, with an alert face, as if I were about to drop dead in any minute.

“Mom, I’m fine.” I tell her, while rolling my eyes.

We enter the enormous school, and the school colors fill my eyes.

“Have a fabulous day, sweetheart. Okay? I love you.” she tells me.

“Thanks mom, you too. See you later.”

I give her a small kiss on the cheek, and she leaves the school. Now I am alone. I wait till the bell rings for class. I have 1st period now. History. It’s not really a tiresome class. It’ll be fine. Ding, ding, ding. The bell rings loudly. I walk around the building until I find the classroom. I enter it, and I hear my teacher’s voice speaking. His voice is very deep, and strong. As if it were a tuba. A monstrous tuba. He’s demanding the class to quiet down. My history teacher’s name is Mr.Lacosta. I speed walk to my desk and sit down. The class begins, and I feel like taking a long nap, till band class. So, that’s what I do! My eyes close calmly, and I don’t feel anything.

Ding,ding,ding!

The bell rings, and the noise goes through my ears, waking me up. I just slept through an entire history class. I can’t believe he didn’t notice! I grin. I feel like a champion.

I would’ve probably gotten a detention slammed right into my face if Mr.Lacosta found me sleeping in class. I step out of the class quickly, and head to band class. My mind is running in circles. I’m too thrilled! In less than 5 minutes the band room is right in front of me. No, wait. Not the band room. Heaven is right in front of me.