Chapter 5

I start sprinting all around Musiclandia. I notice that sun isn’t warming the ground like it normally does everywhere on Earth. I look up at the sky, and to my surprise, the clouds are in the shape of instruments. All fluffy and perfectly noticeable. My mind is in shock. The shape of the instruments are so accurate. There were pianos, trumpets, euphoniums... I look around the sky for the sun. But instead of a sun, I see an enormous french horn, just floating there in the sky. (A french horn is an instrument, part of the brass family. It’s kind of circular shaped, like the sun. Oh, and it is yellow.) I am completely amazed and astonished of how peculiar this is. The Sun-the thing that powers us, is a french horn in Musiclandia?! And the clouds are instruments?! How creative can they get?

After staring at the sky for about 5 minutes, I start walking around, checking out everything. The nature here is quite stunning and elegant. Everything is bright colored. Some plants even have a little pinch of shimmer on them. As I was observing the nature carefully, I hear someone yelling right in my face, and my body shaking.

“Gwinn! Gwinn!” I hear my mother’s voice, its full with panic.

I open my eyes rapidly, scared that something terrible had happened. “Huh?! What happend?!” I ask.

I notice that I am in my room, and my mom is right across from me, shaking my body. Tears rolled down her cheeks, like rain descending from clouds. Her face was pale, and her eyes were getting pink, caused by tears. Her cheeks were the color of a tomato. She’s sniffing louder than ever. She covers her face with her pale hands. Her nails look like they were bitten. (People usually bite their nails when they are nervous.)

“Oh my god, Gwinn. I thought you were in a coma!” Her voice is muffled by her hands covering her face.

“Mom, I’m alright. I was just sleeping.” I tell her while putting my hand over her shoulder, to calm her down.

“I have been trying to wake you up since an hour! And you were just there motionless, not even a muscle moving an inch!” She starts to yell, and then stops.

She sighs deeply, with relief.

“Im so sorry I put you through all of that-I swear-I didn’t mean to.” I tell her, feeling a little bit blue.

“Its okay. But next time, wake up earlier. I almost had a heart attack!” She complained. “Anyways, today theres school. Get dressed and meet me downstairs for breakfast.”

I immediately get dressed into my hideous and basic school uniform. Then, I go to my tidy minty green bathroom and put on a pinch of mascara and eyeliner. I also put a very thin layer of blueberry lip gloss.

Maybe people won’t judge me if I look like everyone else, I think to myself. I look at myself in the mirror. I feel like punching it. My heart feels like it was stabbed. I feel so bad for my mom, and I feel bad for me. I’m so unattractive. Like seriously. I feel so terrible at points. I almost started cutting my wrist in 3rd grade. I’ve been cutting my wrist for a while now, probably since 6th grade. It’s all injured and bruised up with dry blood. I wear a navy blue sweater every day just to cover my scars. Thank god my mom doesn’t know a thing about my deep emotions. She’d probably send me to one of those stupid counselors. All they would say is: “Oh, it’s going to be okay. I promise.”

The only reason it’s okay is because it’s not happening to you.

Sometimes, I just stare at beautiful people, thinking about how lucky they are. They must barely get criticized by everyone like I do. I mostly get judged by my size. I’m completely overweight, and unhappy. I have starved myself before just for people not to judge me. So I can be skinny. So I can fit in. I didn’t eat anything for 1 week. It really sucks. I felt like I was a bag of oxygen. I only drank water on some occasions.

I breath in and breath out slowly. I’m thinking too much. I close my eyes and lay me head softly on the wall for about a minute, and I head downstairs to breakfast.