Chapter 18

"THISTLESTORM!!!!!" Featherwing cried as the boulder fell upon her brother. Supposingly squishing him to his doom.
   But, taking another look at the rock, it wasn't on the ground. It seemed to have been stopped by some cat. 
   The rock hovered in the air and slowly was put back into place. Stars laced where the rock and the ground met.
   Sal-inja had been staring frightfully at the cat who had stopped the rock from ending Thistlestorm. At last, Featherwing rested her gaze on the cat who saved Thistlestorm's life.
   It was a sleek black tom with curious amber eyes. His lean shape resembled WindClan, but he did not symbolize any Clan. Instead of what a StarClan cat was lined with, he was lined in darkness. This cat was from the Dark Forest...
   "I can't let you squish him," the tom spoke, surveying his unsheathed claws.
   Nettlestar rose from the crowd, "Whisper," he murmured.
   So the black tom's name was Whisper...
   Featherwing noticed that the dark lining around Whisper was slightly faded, was his spirit fading from existence?
   Sal-inja didn't speak, he was shocked that his powers could be matched.
   "Enough!" Whisper looked around, "What are you all? Fools?" Turning to the mind-controlled GloomClan, he took Sal-inja's influence off of them, and they all looked around, confused.
   Whisper looked at Featherwing, "Fight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "THISTLESTORM!!!!!" Featherwing cried as the boulder seemed to slowly fall from Sal-inja's grasp.
   Fight.
   Growling under her breath, Featherwing broke out into an unexplainable sprint and dove under the rock, the bottom of it grazed her back fur as she pushed Thistlestorm out of the way and the boulder fell on her.
   That's what she thought.
   Whisper was beside her, smiling and nodding for her to go on. She slithered out from under the rock and Whisper vanished and the rock fell onto the ground.
   "What?" Sal-inja hissed and focused on Thistlestorm. The young tom couldn't ignore the purple flashes in the villain's eyes. He stared back until he couldn't think anymore, couldn't move. He could only listen to commands.
   Kill her.
   I don't want to kill my sister!

But Thistlestorm couldn't fight it.
   Suddenly, Thistlestorm turned on Featherwing. His were purple and glowing, his mind constantly trying to fight off the force controlling him. 
   Featherwing gulped what could she do now?
   Fight.
   Featherwing couldn't fight her own brother! There has to be another way. She had to distract Sal-inja again! Growling, she looked at the murderous cat and bit his leg. Holding on for dear life and she was shaken around, satisfied with the howls of pain that emitted from Sal-inja.
   With growl, Sal-inja tossed her off of him, only to yowl again because Thistlestorm was on his other leg! Trying to shake the tom off, Sal-inja didn't even notice that Featherwing was on his leg again. Panicked, Sal-inja ran around franticly until they fell off. Realizing he wasn't at a winning stance at the moment he called out to his followers.
   "Retreat!" He snapped and leaped up into the tree and out of the area.
   Only few cats followed him, but at the moment he couldn't care less.

*()*()*()*()*()*

   Everyone gathered around murmuring at the event that had just occurred. Cinderstar, Scarstar, and Lightfall were all seemingly dead.
   Cavestone had dragged his leader into the middle of the cats, while Adderblaze dragged the bodies of Cinderstar and Lightfall and left them next to Scarstar. Everyone mourned in silence, and everyone seemed to stray away from GloomClan, the cats who had been mind-controlled.
   Thistlestorm huddled next to Snow and lay his head on hers.
   "Oh, Snow, when will this end?"

                                                                               ~THE END~