five

my alarm buzzes off and i turn it off, reaching my bedside table effortlessly. i guess i have quite the long wingspan.

     today is the day that i will transfer to another flat, live in another city, talk to new people, buy from another shop, walk in another road.

     i don't think that i will eventually feel at home even after a couple of months or years. i've been living in this place for god knows when, and i've grown to love it.

     i groggily get up and stretch my arms a little. afterwards, i make my bed the neatest that i have ever made it--i'll miss it. i'll miss doing this in this flat, where a lot of memories are stored in. but i guess i have to move on eventually.

     i head straight to my bathroom and take a hot shower. today was quite a cold day, and i don't want to be freezing my arse off. i turn on the heater, making sure that it is warm—not too hot nor cold.

     whenever i shower, random thoughts always pop up on my mind, even the weirdest ones. i guess my brain box is a little different compared to others.

     as i wet myself with the warm water, thoughts about violet started popping up. "she's quite a catch, isn't she? maybe you'll stay in this flat instead?"

     weird. we've only just met, but she is already part of my shower thoughts type of routine. i turn off the shower and quickly grab the shampoo bottle, noticing that it is almost empty, so i squeeze the bottle hardly and pour out all of its contents onto my palm.

     i rub it in between my palm and brush my fingers through my hair, trying to spread the shampoo evenly on my head. "think about it. you've been looking—well, more like creeping around and maybe stalking her, and now, bam! you guys are friends! isn't that a valid reason to stay?"

     i grab the bar of irish spring that i always use, because i just like the scent. i rub it all over my body, cleaning every bit of my skin. "why don't you go to her house right now? tell her something? bid goodbye or what?"

     i wish my thoughts would just shut up. even just for a second.

     i turn on the shower once more, rinsing off the shampoo and soap and all sorts of suds on my body.

     afterwards, i get out of the shower and grab my towel. i roughly wipe it on my body.

     i do my usual routine, wherein i brush my teeth, let my hair dry, put on my essentials, get dressed up, and style my hair.

     i sit down on my bed for a moment and think about things. things that are in my life at the moment. this huge investment of transferring flats, meeting people, youtube, et cetera. and then there's violet, in between those lines.

     i don't even know why, but, for every moment that i could i would think of violet. lately. 

     maybe i should visit her real quick. i better text her first though.

     wait. i might be bothering her. maybe she still isn't awake yet. never mind. i'll eat my breakfast and leave immediately.

     i go out of my room and prepare myself a bowl of cereal, with some berries and low-fat milk. i sit down on my couch, turn on the tv one last time, and watch whatever was on the last channel that i've went to.

     i check my phone and it's already seven. the truck that will get my stuff will arrive at around seven-fifteen, and i would probably leave at around seven-twenty five or so.

     so i guess this is goodbye then.