six

oh, great. time for me to wake up.

     it's seven in the morning, and i groggily get up and stretch my arms outward. i yawn tiredly. i grab my phone from my night stand to check some notifications. nothing much, just the usual.

     i go out of my bedroom and make myself a protein shake in the kitchen. this readies me for my morning jog, so i guess you could say that i start my morning routine by making a protein shake. 

     i add a banana (sliced it up, of course), low-fat yogurt, cinnamon, chia seeds, almond milk, and peanut butter into my blender. i pulse blend it for about 30 seconds. once done, i chill it inside the refrigerator and i change into my jogging attire.

     once i am all set with the right outfit, and my hair tied up into a bun, i go back into the kitchen and drink up my protein shake. afterwards, i grab my phone and plug in my earphones. i play some music.

     i leave my house, lock it, and proceed with my morning jog.

     i decide to head to pj's street because that is where i always start my jog.  i always go for 5 kilometers per one hour. just the right pace. 

     i see a truck stop by at pj's place. pj is there, holding a large box, which i suppose contains his stuff. the truck guy opens the back portion of the truck. pj hands the box to the truck guy, then he sees me.

     i take out my left earphone and wave at him. "hi!" i say. he gives a teethy grin and goes to my direction. "hey." he says. i stop jogging for a second.

     "i'm happy that you're going to move into a better flat," i say and smile shyly. he smiles back. "well, sure, i guess. but then i wouldn't be able to go to the beach and film there and see you play." he looks down.

     was there supposed to be a meaning behind that? 

     i look into his beautiful green eyes, but i look away immediately once i realize that he's looking back. "uh, well, you could still visit, right? and you can call me whenever." i say and shrug.

     i notice that his face slightly beams up, but then, that might be my imagination. "yeah, sure. i guess i'll call you later, but right now i really need to put in my things inside the truck. i'll get going. it's an honor to be able to meet you, violet."

     "same with you, pj.' he nods his head and once again, smiles, then, he turns his back against me and heads to his flat.

     i look at him, his figure going into the direction of his flat. i guess i'll never be able to see him again.

     i sigh, put my left earphone back into my ear, and continue with my jogging. there's really something about pj, really. i do not know what it is, but it's there. and strangely, i like it.

     i focus on my pace, and the music that is playing through my phone. currently, the song is drive by oh wonder, and also one of my favorite songs.

     i follow my usual route when jogging, so i take a right turn on the next street. i hum with the song, and observe the neighbourhood around me. 

     as my pace quickens, i feel the cold morning air brush against my face, which is quite refreshing, in my opinion. i breathe in deeply, then release it afterwards.

     i'm thinking of what my track list should be today at the beach. it's boring to be repetitive. too bad i won't be able to see pj, he's quite a view, even with those beaches around. . .

     why am thinking like this? like this way? what's up with me? you know what, i'm just going to think about my track list and not about pj.

     well, i do admit that i've been thinking about him ever since i saw him. it sucks to know that he's not living here anymore. how have our paths never crossed before? why now? why now, when he's leaving?

     that gives me a good set of songs to sing my heart out later on. looks like i'm singing songs about heartbreak, huh?