Part Four:

(A/N: I changed the name and the cover so i hope you are all okay with that!)

On the way home, Kate thought about all that happened lately, and she shook the thoughts she was having of Kristen out of her head, realising how silly it was that she felt a sort of attraction towards the older woman after only becoming friends with her a few days ago.

She felt even more silly about the fact she felt this way about Kristen, a straight woman who is ten years older than her, not that she didn't find older women attractive because she does, but she doubts Kristen would want anything to do with her in that way.

Kate feels a buzz in her pocket and she grabs her phone out just as the cab pulled up to her house, she gave him the money and proceeded to check her phone, only to see Leslie was calling her, as she answers Kate hears Leslie's usually loud voice, except this time she wasn't loud.

L: "Kate what's going on with you?"

K: "Uhh what do you mean?" Kate answers, genuinely confused.

L: "What do I mean? You've been acting strange lately.. Well stranger than usual."

Kate lets out a worried laugh, knowing that this is about Kristen.

K: "It's the early mornings, i've been crazy tired." Lie.

L: "I'm not sure if I believe you, but i'll take your word for it for now."

K: "Thank you, thank you."

L: "Did you enjoy today?"

Kate puts Leslie on loudspeaker as she picks up Nino, missing her son after a day of being away.

K: "Yes! It was amazing, Melissa was great and Kristen was.. she was perfect."

L: "Kate, don't tell me you have it for Kristen, that girl is as straight as a pole, I don't want you getting hurt!"

Kate sighs at that, all of a sudden feeling quite upset, not knowing why as she knows this already.

K: "I know Les, I don't see her in that way anyway." Another lie.

L: "Okay okay, well we need sleep, i'll see you tomorrow."

They say goodnight to each other, then after hanging up Kate rethinks the conversation, and Leslie's comment, knowing the other woman was right.

It's not like it wasn't something she couldn't get over quickly, christ, she'd only felt this way for two days!
She was being hopeless, and she knew she could never act on her feelings anyway, so there was no point dwelling on it.

Deciding that she had to go to sleep now, Kate shook all the thoughts of Kristen out of her head and quickly got changed into some comfortable pj's before getting into bed.

She couldn't get much further than that because no matter how much she tried, Kristen would not get out of her head.

Slowly she fell asleep, with a certain woman still on her mind.

-
-
-

Kate woke up with a groan as she heard her alarm blare, before looking at the clock.

4:15.

"Arghh!" She yelled to no one in particular, only scaring Nino in the process.

She eventually got up, deciding that if she wanted to make it to set, she better get ready now.

After she had a quick shower, Kate got dressed into some grey tracksuit pants and a white shirt, leaving her hair down.

She quickly fed Nino and set off, deciding to take her personal car, as she didn't want to keep paying for an uber

She quickly fed Nino and set off, deciding to take her personal car, as she didn't want to keep paying for an uber. Even though Kate wasn't the best driver, she still knew the basics.

About halfway to the set, she got a phone call so she let it play through her speakers, knowing it was Leslie again.

K: "Yes Les?"

L: "Hey I hate to do this to you Kate but are you driving today?"

K: "Yeah why?"

L: "Well Kristen and I are stuck at this small cafe about 20minutes away from the set and there's no available uber's, could you help a sister or two out?"

Kate agreed and took a quick detour to go pick the two girls up, and she felt a little bit of sadness that the two girls hung out without her, must be because she was jealous of their friendship that is already happening of course.

As she pulls up to the Cafe, Kristen jumps into the passenger side with a tray of coffees, while Leslie goes into the back, and Kate finds this a bit odd but doesn't question it.

"Hey Kate, thank you heaps for doing this." Kristen says.

"It's nothing, this was on my way anyway."

"Well I got you some coffee."

Kate blushes as she takes the coffee from her friend.

"Thank you."

The rest of the way there is filled with chatter and laughter and Kate tried to ignore how she could see Kristen glance at her every once in a while, and Kristen tried not to stare at Kate, she really did but there was something about the blonde that just drew her in.

Kristen's cheeks heated up at the thoughts she was having about Kate, knowing that it was wrong, she shouldn't feel this way about her younger female co-star, especially when she was straight.

She didn't even notice she had been staring long until Kate turned to look at her, giving her a small smile, which made her heart beat faster.

"So, anyone know what we're doing at set today?" Leslie asks from the back, breaking the tension between the front seats.

Kate clears her throats before saying, "I think we're filming the Kevin interview, so I think that's more stunts for you again Les."

"Hell yeah! Stunts was great!"

They arrived at set about five minutes later, seeing Melissa car was there, so she must be there also.

They walked to the green room, to wait for instructions of what they're doing today, after they say hello to Melissa of course.

Paul walks in with his famous clipboard in his hand, quickly telling the girls pretty much what Kate said in the car.

"Okay Leslie, you follow Sam to stunts and Kristen, Melissa and Kate you need to go get dressed into costume."

They quickly made their way to the dressing rooms, Kate snorted as she saw her outfit, tie and vest?

"Oh man, Holtzmann is as gay as I am."

That erupts a giggle from Melissa while Kristen just continues walking towards her room.

Kate frowns, maybe the whole being gay thing really does make her uncomfortable.

While Kate was worrying about that, Kristen had her head in her hands in her dressing room, wondering why the word gay freaked her out so much, not realising it was because she was in slight denial herself.
-
-
-

{ A/N: pretty short chapter, it wasn't the best sorry i've had a lot to do lately, feedback is appreciated :)) }