Chapter Three- "It Can't Be Him"

The approaching sirens of blue and white police cars started to get very irritating. Five of those vehicles are already parked in the front yard, with one that had already destroyed the clay pot that was supposedly meant to be standing at the side of the cemented stairs. 

Then heavy footsteps echoed on the textiles and a loud knock pounded on the wooden door, like some people who wanted to join and crash the fun, except that it was not really fun, but terrifying and brutal with one of their friends already cold as the bloodstained floor.

Aaron stood up from the magenta sofa near the broken porcelain table, and leapt away from the Verdi bottle at his front and the shattered glass and china that was scattered around.

He turned the cold doorknob in, clicked it and slowly opened the screeching door where it revealed a tall, muscular man with a flashlight in his right hand while the other raised upward, ready to swing with its charcoal black baton.

"You might want to step back son, before I could accidentally hit you with this," the man's low and manly voice crept but filled with superiority.

Aaron backed away immediately and stared at the dangerous baton still raised above the police's head. His pale face shone when the flashlight hit him straight in his eyes, which had made his vision blurry as well. Then, he raised his hand to his forehead, covered it from the blinding light and moved his eyes to the police's boot, which is already in the room and had crushed the glass shards that was on its way.

"You are all in a massive mess!" he said and switched off the flashlight with one hand. He placed it securely in a dark and broad belt, with a small gun that was covered with brown leather and plastered at his right butt. His eyes circled around the room, looked at five frightened people, with one still unconscious, and the other one heavily wounded.

Then, he grabbed his radio from behind, clicked the red button in its side and walked closely to Bella.

"Lorraine, I need your here with the Medic Team", he said.

"Copy that, Sir," a sound of a girl's voice responded on the radio.

The police returned his radio on his back, held Bella's chin upward and looked at the dark wound on her forehead. Bella responded with an audible sigh of pain. Her swollen eyes twitched from that feeling, and a tear dropped to her trembling mouth.

"Are you alright, darling?" He said, and turned her gaze to the side of her face and looked at the blood that slowly moved towards her left ear.

"Does she look alright to you?" Amber snorted at his back, raised her sarcastic voice a little bit higher and eyed the police that crouched at Bella's and down with Treck's unconscious body.

He turned his head towards Amber's place, looked at her with a strange and hard emotion and smiled dryly.

"It's a standard procedure, darling, to question everyone about their present condition, " he stood and then placed both of his hands in his pocket.

"Woah, hold on there, we are nobody's darlings, mister" Amber replied.

"Amber, just shut up." Bella whispered and looked back at the police officer. 

"What!? Look, I'm just saying-. " 

"Shut up!" Aaron replied to Amber and tugged at her arm.

Amber raised both of her hands to her chest and eyed the police as it circled around the room, already searching something that she didn't understood.

The police officer started to walk around the room and stopped at the pieces of the broken jar beside the front doors. He flipped the green curtain that was raised behind it, cut a little fabric from the bloodstained area and placed it in a bag. Then he crouched again, held a handful of glass shards in his palm and placed them in another plastic bag.